Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any car guy worth his mettle, the one Fiat to look forward to hasn't been the cabriolet, the electric one, or even the Gucci editionit's been the fire-breathing Abarth, the one we thought would only be sequestered in the Italian boot.

But we Yanks are indeed getting the Abarth, and we'll get a glimpse of our version at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

The American Abarth will get a 1.4-liter Multiair engine that will give it more power than its MINI Cooper rival175 horsepower, to be exact. Fiat made the official announcement via its Twitter account, and just like on the elementary school playground, there's no takesies-backsies after this.

More: Fiat 500 Abarth Set for LA Auto Show Debut on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I want to know what kind of stick price to expect when this thing hits the dealerships next year. My fear is that it will be priced the same as a GTI, which is just out of my price range. Also, I hope that they will offer it in a larger array of colours than what is currently offered across the pond. I would love an Azzurro or Giallo Abarth.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I want to know what kind of stick price to expect when this thing hits the dealerships next year. My fear is that it will be priced the same as a GTI, which is just out of my price range. Also, I hope that they will offer it in a larger array of colours than what is currently offered across the pond. I would love an Azzurro or Giallo Abarth.
My dealer mumbled 30ish!! which is NUTS that's almost loaded GTI territory.
the prob is i think its worth it and i might me tempted when the sport lease is up!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that there was someone here who had mentioned that, in equivalent money, the Abarth was about $4k over a "normal" 500. Which wouldn't put it anywhere near $30k. Though if it's got 175hp, it would have a more powerful engine than on the other side of the pond, but I agree -$30k would be far too much, and would really push people to think (like me) about ignoring the wacky ergonomics of the Mini JCW and buying one instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts