• 1366 cc, 4 valve, 4 cylinder Turbo T-Jet Engine
  • Max Power: 160 bhp @ 5750 rpm
  • Max Torque: 206 Nm @ 3000 rpm
  • IHI RHF3 fixed geometry turbocharger
  • C150 5 Speed gearbox
  • Abarth air filter “powered by BMC”
  • Electric power steering with ’sport mode’
  • Mc Pherson front setup with roll bar
  • Front Brake: Perforated, ventilated front disc brake (284mm dia x 22 mm)
  • Rear Brake: Perforated, ventilated rear disc brake (240mm dia x 11 mm)
  • High perfomance front hand brake pads
  • Abarth esseesse 7″ x 17″ ET35 alloy wheels (paint white or titanium)
  • Tyres: 205/40 ZR 17 Pirelli Pzero Tyres
  • Tyre pressure sensors
  • Top speed: 211 km/hr
  • 0 – 100 kmph in 7.4 seconds

·
Super Moderator
22,119 Posts
I've seen several 0-60 times and each differs slightly but until this last one of 6.7 all of them were 7.0-7.9 I believe. So many factors including the amount of fuel, drivers weight, location and temp test are done and many more...guess someone will have to decide which name the "official" 0-60 time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've seen several 0-60 times and each differs slightly but until this last one of 6.7 all of them were 7.0-7.9 I believe. So many factors including the amount of fuel, drivers weight, location and temp test are done and many more...guess someone will have to decide which name the "official" 0-60 time.
I agree. 0-60 time in Houston on a hot humid day will differ from 0-60 time in Denver on a cool dry day.

However, many of the reviews I'm reading/watching seem pretty consistant at the high 6 second range. Another example is 6.8 seconds http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1202_2012_fiat_500_abarth_first_test/

Only reason I posted any times was that I noticed the original post was really old. Now that the car is out and has numerous reviews we're getting a better idea of its performance.

Perhaps too slow for some, fine, buy something else.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Seeing as I think I recall it is already @18, anyone know how much further it can be pushed...just curious.
I would say no more than 23 before it stops being efficient.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I suppose I could see that working out...any idea how much is too much for it to handle though?
I'd have to find efficiency maps for that turbo. I know the Punto turbo is larger and could go higher hence the 178 hp

1 - 20 of 33 Posts