Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the Fiat 500 be able to pull a tiny camper? There is one from Moby1 that is caleld C2.

Gizmag. "Finally, the C2 is a compact trailer that is suitable for towing behind a motorbike or a compact car. With a short body (80 inches/2 meters) it just covers the full length of a mattress. Weighing in less than 300 pounds (136 kg), it offers campers more flexibility and fuel savings. Available in two different widths (40 in/101 cm or 48 in/122 cm), this trailer has a half galley with cabinets, a countertop workspace for cooking, and interior cabinets for storage.
" The price - at $5500.00 - seems reasonable. :cool:

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd put brakes on the trailer.

There are motorcycle pop-ups that are roomier. I camp out of a teardrop and I like it ---- but it's not for everyone.
I know the owners of Moby1 from ExPo --- good people.

My teardrop weighs over 2000 pounds, has 2 Optima Bluetop batteries, a full awning, a king bed, cabinets at both ends, 50L fridge/freezer, 2 burner stove, 33" tires, and an armored belly...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our Teardrop weighs quite a bit less than Hilldweller's but there's no way I would even want to pull it behind our 500. Would absolutely want to have brakes regardless of the trailer size. The Motorcyle drag-behinds may have merit as Hilldweller points out.

Travel trailer Vehicle Trailer Transport Mode of transport

www.taylortinytrailer.blogspot.com

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Being a former air cooled Beetle owner, I'd venture it was because it wasn't overly practical from a horsepower/towing viewpoint and I'm not sure how many people would actually want to mount the ball hitch to the roof. Possible, yes, but not overly practical once you've got the car loaded down with four people (two adults and two kids), gear, etc. I saw that video years ago and I thought it was an interesting idea, especially with how it turned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts