Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So JLo did a number, which featured her and some guys jumping all over a white 500c. When she ran to the car to get in, the door was locked. She had to lean in through the window and unlock it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
LOL, are you kidding me? Oh I would have killed to see that. I'm setting up my West feed for PVR. What time was the original on?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Nevermind, found it, until ABC yanks it off Youtube. Yes, that's my car up there,lol. She must have ripped into someone after that door failed her.

Fiat got product placement, that's for sure. Now who did they target?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh god, I actually just watched the video. Oh god ...

I'm a very nice person but I am sending evil, evil, evil thoughts to the US Fiat marketing team. How can they sleep at night?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Give me a break. JLo is super talented, and I certainly preferred to watch this than a real commercial. I think that Fiat Marketing certainly achieved their goal of getting people to talk about the Fiat 500. Great job Fiat!

·
Registered
69 Posts
This has gone too far....its almost as if FIAT is living in a bubble. The media is FILLED with consumers, reporters, blog, forums, facebook, twitter ALL BEGGING to stop the JLo stuff and FIAT keeps it coming stonger and stronger. Its like they have some sort of self destruction plan.

I think as collective consumers that enjoy this car and want very much to see it succeed we "take to the streets" and petition FIAT to cut all ties with the pop "star" immediatly. As consumers we have an extrordinary amount of leverage and influence over brands and its time we use it. I think everything is on the table from a website to a class action suit seeking monetary and emotional damage to existing customers that bought a FIAT before JBlow.

This is not funny and its getting worse, something needs to be done. Any ideas? and please keep them helpful and smart. If you are in the minority that actually are not appauled that JBlow is being associated with your car like Barbie than please show some understanding for us fellow FIAT drivers that do care, much thanks!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This is so embarrassing. I don't have anything against JLo but I don't think she is the best suited person to be the face of Fiat. I think she would be more appropriate representing Cadillac Escalades or something like that.

:(
Cadillac Escalades are for people with some musical talent. Her music is recycled junk. If she didn't have any collaborations with other artists, she would be working as a maid or a waitress.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This has gone too far....its almost as if FIAT is living in a bubble. The media is FILLED with consumers, reporters, blog, forums, facebook, twitter ALL BEGGING to stop the JLo stuff and FIAT keeps it coming stonger and stronger. Its like they have some sort of self destruction plan.

I think as collective consumers that enjoy this car and want very much to see it succeed we "take to the streets" and petition FIAT to cut all ties with the pop "star" immediatly. As consumers we have an extrordinary amount of leverage and influence over brands and its time we use it. I think everything is on the table from a website to a class action suit seeking monetary and emotional damage to existing customers that bought a FIAT before JBlow.

This is not funny and its getting worse, something needs to be done. Any ideas? and please keep them helpful and smart. If you are in the minority that actually are not appauled that JBlow is being associated with your car like Barbie than please show some understanding for us fellow FIAT drivers that do care, much thanks!
I honestly think it's a contractual obligation that was set out long time ago. I'm sure Fiat will be done with her by the end of the year.

Our only fear should be if she performs that same crap at another large event, that millions worldwide would see, say, a Super Bowl. <shudder>

·
Registered
69 Posts
I honestly think it's a contractual obligation that was set out long time ago. I'm sure Fiat will be done with her by the end of the year.

Our only fear should be if she performs that same crap at another large event, that millions worldwide would see, say, a Super Bowl. <shudder>
You might be right there...and if so WOW did FIAT really step in it bad. Even so...can't they buy her contract out? Its really damaging the brand and after a year of JHo I dont see any chance for FIAT being able to wipe their slate clean of her. If one more person walks up to me and asks me if JLo is in my back seat Im going to drive my FIAT off a cliff (and imagine she really is inside of it)!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You might be right there...and if so WOW did FIAT really step in it bad. Even so...can't they buy her contract out? Its really damaging the brand and after a year of JHo I dont see any chance for FIAT being able to wipe their slate clean of her. If one more person walks up to me and asks me if JLo is in my back seat Im going to drive my FIAT off a cliff (and imagine she really is inside of it)!
Problem is they synced this up with her new album release. She may be a horrible everything, but she's a smart business person. People who like her and see the commercial, sing along and like that song that's playing. They don't even see the car. They just love Jlo.

People who hate her sure don't sing along with the commercial and don't know what the commercial is about because no one even says the words "Fiat 500" in any of the ads. It's just dialogue.

Sooo, in conclusion, Fiat must buy some Super Bowl airtime and run the crap out of the Abarth commercial, even come up with a series of "to be continued" ads, to peak interest. They should also consider being one of the official sponsors. A lot of money to throw around, but it needs to be done.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I feel that many of you take these ads too seriously. To claim emotional damage because you bought a car later advertised using Jennifer Lopez is ridiculous. It's just an ad.

If people like the car they'll buy it. It doesn't matter if they don't like J.Lo. I don't personally much care for LMFAO but I wouldn't make the decision of whether or not to buy a Kia based on that commercial either. I, like hopefully most consumers do my homework and buy the car that suits my needs and wants. I have never bought or not bought a product because I didn't like the spokesperson.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here, but I am of the opinion ( with no data I could find to support this) that J-Lo is more popular with women than she is with men. Watch the audience camera pan in the American Music Awards- its the women who are dancing in the audience. If that is the demographic that FIAT-Chrysler believes is the likely majority buyer of the 500, then it makes sense why she would be the chosen spokesperson. She has a full range of fashion lines for women; make-up, perfume and clothing, so it makes sense to extend her brand image in women's fashion to their choice in transport fashion.

Now if FIAT-Chrysler is smart, they will start promoting the Abarth with a strong male image counterpart ( or sell sex like that ad with THE FOAM), understanding that there can be lots of cross-over selling. Men drawn to the Abarth who have a Sport level budget, for example.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I feel that many of you take these ads too seriously. To claim emotional damage because you bought a car later advertised using Jennifer Lopez is ridiculous. It's just an ad.

If people like the car they'll buy it. It doesn't matter if they don't like J.Lo. I don't personally much care for LMFAO but I wouldn't make the decision of whether or not to buy a Kia based on that commercial either. I, like hopefully most consumers do my homework and buy the car that suits my needs and wants. I have never bought or not bought a product because I didn't like the spokesperson.
Try telling that to the average guy trying to shed the "chick car" image when they are already committing to this purchase. The ad does not help with that. What's next, Madonna pitching the Abarth? Sorry, these ads only benefit one side, Team Lopez and that's to pitch the album.

I personally couldn't give a crap that I have a Jlo replica, but my BIG concern is sales and future support for this vehicle by the company if those ads cause a backlash.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts