Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i'm From Europe, Romania and i want to buy for my 500 the American version back hood with the small number plate i need a part code for this body part and also for the chrome ornament with 500 that open the bonnet.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Lol true i guess it can be called that as well. ;) I got used to calling it Bonnet from when i had my MINI Cooper

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I watch a LOT of Top Gear...lol. Plus I used to chat often with a UK friend and would discuss the language as it differed. :cool:
Before any car related decision I alway ask myself what would "JC" do ;)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I'd love a european rear hatch... wanna trade? ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
zonker yes... why not :) i also have an abarth body kit... for it... oz allegherita rims...

O yes for the rest from the forum... it will be much better if you can provide... what i ask not to be offtopic... it will help me better... my mistake :)

P.S. i also have european tail light's :) and more european accessories i have the car for more then 3 year's and i make a lot of modification

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bonnet is the FRONT hood, not the rear, the rear is called the Boot. In the US they call it trunk but should really call it the deck lid. :cool:
Sorry Tweak, but the "Bonnet" covers the motor and the "Boot" covers the cargo stowage area, regardless of front/rear. (think 911). Also,to further muddy the waters, in The UK a cloth top for your roadster would be the hood. (which makes more sense since it covers your head). :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you think so smart... i can't believe this ... please do not post anymore if you do not have something to tell me about what i have asked... not american version lessons

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Sorry Tweak, but the "Bonnet" covers the motor and the "Boot" covers the cargo stowage area, regardless of front/rear. (think 911). Also,to further muddy the waters, in The UK a cloth top for your roadster would be the hood. (which makes more sense since it covers your head). :D
Bonnet covers motor=hood generally speaking (majority), Boot=trunk storage/cargo area generally speaking (majority). Sure there are time when this differs but in the traditional sense as well as the majority of vehicles my statement stands...I do agree though there are times this information wouldn't match the specific car, the majority however it is "spot" on. :) As far as having helpful info TIR, not likely to get too much here as mentioned before, sorry but just being straight with you on that one, I do hope you find what you seek soon though!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
@Tweak, agreed, in America we usually say hood for the front, no matter what. I do prefer the British/euro terms bonnet and boot though since they are more absolute. For that matter, I also like the term estate far more than wagon.

@TIR, don't get snotty because we are enjoying posting in an OPEN forum, if you do that in an American car forum you will end up a target and get no help whatsoever. I'm not tying to be a jerk, I'm just being honest. Watch for emoticons, they mean we're still having fun.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
what is the point to be offtopic ?! to write 2 pages and no answer ?! i see this a waste of time ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
what is the point to be offtopic ?! to write 2 pages and no answer ?! i see this a waste of time ;)
The point of being off topic...you mentioned "Fiat 500 back hood" which we in the US discussed as some were actually a not 100% clear what is what, you were told you are not likely to find the answers here although I personally as well as pretty much every other member here would LOVE to be able to offer you any and all help you need or want, sadly we just can't but have found enjoyment apparently in discussing the proper terminology for the items you originally mentioned. I truly hope you find answers, hopefully someone here can eventually offer that help but if we didn't reply with our "off topic" replies your post would not remain in the active list and you'd get absolutely NO help simply because no one would see the post after time has passed and newer posts stay nearer the top. By being off topic we are in fact keeping your post active and getting it the most views to better help you have more chances finding an answer as others view your problem. Again, good luck I hope it works well soon!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok i think on this forum i have to wait that all the members to post the same think... and explication and in the end after i will get the part's i will find a correct answer... if a person post on the start that in america it is not "back hood" i understand ... is not necessary to post over and over the same think this is not smart at all...

we use forums for straight answers not stories.

I did not need those answer's it was very easy that someone tell me the 2 part code

1 - 20 of 21 Posts