Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and yet it actually exists. The cake was made by Buddy Valastro of Cake Boss and his team. Here's the pic

·
Registered
137 Posts
Cake looks ok. I see the wheels of the trolley they used to hold up the body of the car. It would've been better if they were able to do it without the the trolley. Still a good cake though. Wonder what it tasted like.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Cake looks ok. I see the wheels of the trolley they used to hold up the body of the car. It would've been better if they were able to do it without the the trolley. Still a good cake though. Wonder what it tasted like.

Not quite. I was there. Prima #241 owner. The wheels are cake. The flat sheet the wheels are touching is also cake. The uprights you can see are supports to keep the car suspended above a massive sheet cake. There is a rolling table under the red line under the sheet cake and that had flip down sides. I saw it hidden before the presentation and the sides folded down on hinges and made the rest of the transport platform look very pretty.

Cool concept.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite. I was there. Prima #241 owner. The wheels are cake. The flat sheet the wheels are touching is also cake. The uprights you can see are supports to keep the car suspended above a massive sheet cake. There is a rolling table under the red line under the sheet cake and that had flip down sides. I saw it hidden before the presentation and the sides folded down on hinges and made the rest of the transport platform look very pretty.

Cool concept.
That's too cool. I watch Cake Boss every chance I get to when I'm home and I must say that Buddy and his team can really put together amazing cakes. This cake was executed well, but it would be better if it was near picture perfect.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Cool concept.
That's what I meant. I was talking about the small wheels on top of the base cake. The ones that are clearly metal. You can see it digging into the cake. It might've been better if they just used some sort of thin metal legs to brace the back of the "wheels" of the 500.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
That's what I meant. I was talking about the small wheels on top of the base cake. The ones that are clearly metal. You can see it digging into the cake. It might've been better if they just used some sort of thin metal legs to brace the back of the "wheels" of the 500.

Agreed.....it was cool to see it. It was a great party!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts