Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this comes out of Brazil. Personally, I think it more effectively captures the spirit of the Fiat 500. It's clever and funny, it shows the car, inside and out including the cabrio, and you can 'feel the love'... Heck - it's even in English with subtitles so Fiat USA might just be able to 'borrow' it and run it during NFL games too. Plus, those of us who are old enough ... might just remember it was a Spider that this actor drove in his 1st big movie.

If the J-Lo commercial is a little 'off' - is this more what we think USA Fiat should be doing? Your thoughts?

Ciao

·
Registered
225 Posts
It certainly beats the heck out of any FIAT commercial I've seen here. Cute.

When someone as famous as Dustin Hoffman makes a commercial overseas there is a clause that ensures it won't be used in the USA. They don't want to be seen as "doing" commercials.

It would certainly be better than JLO though.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If they're going to run a spot over a dozen times during a game, then they at least need more than one variation.

That goes for any product from any manufacturer...at some point it gets annoying.

·
Registered
825 Posts
No! Not Hoffman! Now I think the car is for accomplished award-winning actor types! Whatever was FIAT thinking? ;-)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like it and am forwarding it to my family in Brasil...

...and it belongs in the next Italian Job more than any Brit product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts