Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a chirping sound from the dash board whilst driving. It sounds like something that's coming out from the display panel. The noise sounds like something when an electronic component isn't soldered correctly and is leaking energy. I can't figure out where it is coming from and it's driving me insane, literally (listening to it in rush-hour traffic).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have been driving my 500 Lounge C for about 2 weeks ( 2,000 miles ) and it is perfect. No strange noises coming from any ware in the car. Gas milage is great and I love the car. Sorry you are having problems. Have you taken it back to the Studio yet to see if they can determine where the sound is coming from?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'll have to take it in over the weekend. Strange thing is it only happens past 3000 rpm and in the mornings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turns out the problem is coming from the air conditioner fan. Some WD-40 did the trick.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Interesting. Where did you spray the lube? I've noticed a sound from the AC as it adjusts during auto-AC. I wouldn't call it a chirp, but it might be from the same source as your chirp was.

The only other thing that's making odd noises in my 500 is the driver's side rear speaker is getting noise from something. If the car is on, there's a faint buzzing-ish sound from it. I rarely notice it when driving unless I'm stopped with no radio on. Fortunately, it's NOT driving me insane. ;-)

·
Registered
99 Posts
The only odd sound I've had is the slight thuck I hear when I shift from low to high beam; apparently though that's fairly common.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Turns out the problem is coming from the air conditioner fan. Some WD-40 did the trick.
For now... Make them replace it under warranty when the sound comes back. It's a bad bearing. I already had mine done. They can change it in under an hour.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The only odd sound I've had is the slight thuck I hear when I shift from low to high beam; apparently though that's fairly common.
That is completely normal. It's the bi-halogen system physically moving the lens baffle with a solenoid. It's normal for bi-xenon cars as well, you just tend not to hear it since the lenses are usually much further away than ours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts