Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler is recalling an estimated 340 2012 Fiat 500s and Dodge Journeys because contaminated brake fluid could lead to loss of braking ability. | November 28, 2011 | Chrysler LLC

• Chrysler is recalling an estimated 340 2012 Fiat 500s and Dodge Journeys because contaminated brake fluid could lead to loss of braking ability, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
  • The recall is expected to begin in December.
  • All brake components that come in contact with hydraulic brake fluid will be replaced in both vehicles.
http://www.insideline.com/fiat/500/...ey-recalled-for-contaminated-brake-fluid.html

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Took the car in for a oil change, I ask about this this morning at the dealership. They haven't heard anything about it yet. Most likely we get a notice in the mail, if there was a issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's an intense recall. Replacing the master cylinder, brake lines, calipers, ect.

Does the clutch hydraulic fluid interact with the brake fluid on these cars?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stopped by my Studio today and asked about the re-call. They told me it only affects cars built during a specific week in October. Mine was built in May so I am not subject to the re-call.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Stopped by my Studio today and asked about the re-call. They told me it only affects cars built during a specific week in October. Mine was built in May so I am not subject to the re-call.

Ditto.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Learned that the recall affects cars made between October 24 and 26 2011. Anything before or after those dates are okay.

·
Registered
582 Posts
That's an intense recall. Replacing the master cylinder, brake lines, calipers, ect.

Does the clutch hydraulic fluid interact with the brake fluid on these cars?
No, hydraulic clutches have their own slave cylinders and lines separate from the brake system.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
No, hydraulic clutches have their own slave cylinders and lines separate from the brake system.
They do indeed have their own SLAVE cylinders, but there is only one MASTER cylinder fluid access cap under the hood of my 500, which means both brake and clutch actuation systems use the same fluid reservoir.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts