Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out about the Fiat 500c (convertible) from some pictures off of google, and love how they did the convertible. I was wondering if Fiat will sell them in North America or if its just for other markets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My wife asked the same thing at the LA (US) reveal event last month. She heard as early as late spring 2011 and as late as spring 2012. Structurally it is not that different than a sunroof car and was the main reason for the structure changes on the US car. She also heard that it may not be available in Pop trim and may be as much as $5000 more expensive than a regular 500. Because "Mini gets away with it".

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife asked the same thing at the LA (US) reveal event last month. She heard as early as late spring 2011 and as late as spring 2012. Structurally it is not that different than a sunroof car and was the main reason for the structure changes on the US car. She also heard that it may not be available in Pop trim and may be as much as $5000 more expensive than a regular 500. Because "Mini gets away with it".
Thanks for the approximate date, gives me a better idea when to expect it.
I like how they didn't make it like a typical convertible where the whole top comes off. On this you can compare it to having a HUGE sunroof lol. $5000 is kinda pushing it, for this $3500 at the most.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for the approximate date, gives me a better idea when to expect it.
I like how they didn't make it like a typical convertible where the whole top comes off. On this you can compare it to having a HUGE sunroof lol. $5000 is kinda pushing it, for this $3500 at the most.
I agree $5000 is on the high side but if you can't get the Pop Convertible, $3500 + $2000 for the upgrade from Pop to Sport is the same thing. But you can't get a automatic in the sport and that was what she wanted. I hope you are right. Then a automatic convertible would start at about $21000 about what my Prima Edizone with a sunroof is going to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts