Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[h=1]NA Fiat 500 prima edition crashed with less than 1k on the clock[/h]By 500Published: May 10, 2011Posted in: Fiat 500 News
The owner of this Massachusetts-based Fiat 500 managed to get tangled into an accident with just 969 miles on the odometer. Now all that stands between you and driving a limited-edition Cinquecento is nearly $10,000 in repairs.
This isn’t just any Fiat, but a 500 Prima Edizione — one of 500 numbered and specially outfitted models sold to the most ardent U.S. Fiat fans, with custom wheels, graphics and manual transmissions. Those graphics offered little protection from whatever hit this 500 on its passenger side with enough force to collapse the suspension on the driver’s front and rear wheels.

source: jalopnic

PS: you can star post pictures of crashed 500s if you find one.
I'm not being funny but I want to see how much damage the 500 can handle. =)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
That particular 500 was PARKED when it was hit by a reckless/drunk driver. The owner had actually moved it to the location where it was hit as a safer location than the one closer to his apartment. Rumor has it he was a BMW mechanic.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The car will never be the same once repairs are made. Now CARFAX has it listed as being involved in an accident. Can you say "Abarth" in black. Good luck.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now all that stands between you and driving a limited-edition Cinquecento is nearly $10,000 in repairs.
If it's really going to be that much to fix, then the insurance company should total the car, and not have it repaired.
Hope the idiot who smashed in to it is okay, and appropriately fined by the local constabulary.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If it's really going to be that much to fix, then the insurance company should total the car, and not have it repaired.
Hope the idiot who smashed in to it is okay, and appropriately fined by the local constabulary.
They did total it; it was sitting in an insurance auction yard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts