Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through a few of the videos to see what their reactions are and I'm gonna post a couple here so you dont have to search for them online.

I would never and I mean never buy a Fiat from that guy. First he calls the company "so new"?! They've been around since 1899. Next he calls the Fiat 500 an "import killer", its a freakin imported car...... originally from Italy and produced in Mexico. I'd rather buy from someone that actually knows what they're talking about.

Now this is someone I would be interested in buying from. He seems like a person that knows what he's selling.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i suspect that first guy in the video might be a bit drunk from the way he looks. i agree with you. im never gonna get anything from someone like that. he looks like a complete tool. the 2nd guy looks like the type of guy that will sell you something and have drinks with you after.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
An Except.....

...from Sergio Marchionne's speech in Orlando to the Chrysler Dealers:

"By 2014, Fiat and Chrysler combined will be able to produce six million vehicles, a critical threshold to be a competitive global player in the auto sector.
Joining the strengths of the two organizations will enable us to optimize the allocation of capital, fully leverage the potential of the distribution networks, utilize our technological know-how to the fullest and apply it across the combined product ranges of the two businesses.
The presence and experience of Fiat in the smaller car segments and of Chrysler in the medium and larger segments will enable the combined groups to offer a full product range and compete in all relevant market segments.
By accessing Fiat‘s pool of automotive architectures and power trains, Chrysler will save months – realistically, even years – in development and testing, along with billions of dollars in investment.
Fiat‘s advanced fuel-saving technologies give Chrysler a significant advantage in meeting future regulatory requirements.
By 2014, more than half of Chrysler vehicles will be built on Fiat-derived architectures and over 40 percent of Chrysler vehicles will be fitted with power trains that are either Fiat power trains or benefit from Fiat technology.
The first tangible result of this historic alliance will be visible to the public as soon as January of next year, when the Cinquecento – the Fiat 500 – takes to U.S. roads.
This will herald the return of the Fiat brand to North America after an absence of more than 25 years.
The Cinquecento not only exemplifies the Italian style, technology, passion and way of making cars.
It also embodies a new vision of technology‘s role in the achievement of sustainable mobility.
With its low fuel consumption and CO2 emissions, it is an ambassador of a genuine concern for the environment and an approach to ecological responsibility whose time has finally come.
But the partnership between Fiat and Chrysler is more than merely a business opportunity.
The two partners are combining experience and know-how to create a stronger group.
They are also undergoing a cultural integration built on respect and humility. An integration that is even more enriching at the human level than at the industrial level "

I for one am REALLY excited about not only the '500' coming to the States, but the relationship Chrysler and Fiat have forged. :D

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Hidalgo came off as an idiot, I agree. he's really 'old school', you know the kind.....a "Lot Lizard" if you will. not that he's a bad guy, but I'm with you in that I would NEVER buy a car from him.

on the flip side, Towbin is the dealer that used to have a show about them on some cable channel: "King of Cars" I think. it showed how a large, numbers-driven dealer operates. while Josh comes off much more personable, I wouldn't buy a car from Towbins either. unless they've changed their thinking, they're nothing more than a 'wham, bam, thank you mam' dealer.

I hope Fiat sees through this and doesn't award EITHER of them a franchise. just my opinion, of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts