Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the Fiat Studio at least 4 times now, with 3 test drives. I'm seriously considering converting to this car, however I'm having some serious doubts based on my experiance at the studio, mainly the test drives.

One 2 of the test drives, I noticed what I consider excessive creaking and cracking from the interior compartment. I did check and all the seats were properly latched.
One my 3rd test drive just last night, the interior seemed fine but it sounded like there was a mouse in the suspension and the fan motor made a pitchy sound at the lower settings.

I need some real life advice from real Fiat 500 drivers who have had their car for some time now. Is this just a string of bad luck at the dealer, or do these cars have issues?

:confused:

·
Registered
289 Posts
No troubles in 20000kms. The blower motor is a bit noisey but otherwise the interior is rattle free. Many owners also notice a squeek or somthing from the top of the drivers door seal. I put some silicone dressing on mine and that stopped it. I guess if your used to driving a luxury car itmight seem a little noisey inside the car but I think its pretty refined for the size/cost.

·
Registered
289 Posts
No noises from the suspension. I have a sport which I would describe as firm. The short wheelbase makes bad road feel a bit worse. but still no sounds from the suspension.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
The creaking noise is super tight weather stripping, around the doors. Just a lube, takes care of that,. No suspension noises for me. Near 7k miles now, and loving it!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to hear.
How about a creaking noise from behind the dash or speedometer area? or rear seat latching mechanism??
I did a quick search for "rattle" on this forum and these seem as the most common.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
just turned 12,000 miles on my Sport. no problems. on the way home tonight, with only a 1/4 tank of gas left, my average mpgs for the week is 35.6 mpgs.....and I have the 6sp AUTO! :D

I LOVE my 500!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
i'm only 900 miles old with my Pop but i have zero squeaks and rattles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts