Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Source: RideLust

So what do you think of the Fiat 500 interior styling? I think it's pretty neat. Everything appears to be where it should be, and it looks to be easily accessible. The only thing I don't like is the colour (in the above photo). I prefer dark interiors - if it was all the black colour instead of the cream/tan, it would like it, but the Fiat 500 interior colour is something that can be changed. I see the cream/tan getting dirty very quickly.

Even though you can't see it very clearly in the photo, I think the Fiat 500 speedometer set-up is innovative and cool. The speed and tachometer are together with needles moving accordingly. It could get a bit confusing in the beginning, but I'm sure it will be easy to get used to.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's pretty cool - I think that the white on the steering wheel of the Fiat 500 would get dirty quicktime, so hopefully that can be changed. Other than that, I have no complaints - everything is close together - hopefully it isn't too cramped.

·
Registered
37 Posts
As much as I love this car, and hope to own one, I don't like the interior of the Fiat 500. It looks cramped and I'm not a fan of the two-tone with such a strong contrast. Maybe black and gray, or white and brown, but the light and dark on the interior is too harsh for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I like it, looks new and modern. The last thing we need to see in this car is a traditional interior and dash that resembles a GM.

I imagine Fiat will offer it in a few different color tones also, so I will not judge just based on this (don't like the tan-ish color)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like it, looks new and modern. The last thing we need to see in this car is a traditional interior and dash that resembles a GM.

I imagine Fiat will offer it in a few different color tones also, so I will not judge just based on this (don't like the tan-ish color)
I agree. I like the modern take on the interior and it surely is interesting. Hopefully Fiat does offer a variety of interior tones because no doubt that steering wheel in tan will get dirty quickly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think anyone is a fan of the tan on the Fiat 500 interior. Maybe if Fiat swapped the two-tones on the interior, it would look better. I wonder what other colour combinations they would offer...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hmm the more I look at the pictures the more I change my opinion about it. It appears to be one of those interiors where unless I sit in it and get a feel for it, I can not give a decision based on a picture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the Detroit auto show on Monday to see the Fiat 500. I really liked setting in the car and poking around the different (Sport and Lounge) cars Fiat had displayed. The doors and rear hatch closed with a nice sound, not tinny if you know what I mean.

The only problem I had was with the buttons on the dash for sport, emergency and fog lights, located in the center of the dash. If you pushed firmly on any one of these, you could see the other respective buttons move slightly (inward?). It's as if the circuit board they were mounted on was too thin and not supported from behind enough. They need to feel solid.

They did have a good tactile feel though.

This may not seem like a big deal, but on a premium small car it is unacceptable. Remember this car will be compared to the MINI Cooper.

Please Fiat read this and look into it.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
As much as I love this car, and hope to own one, I don't like the interior of the Fiat 500. It looks cramped and I'm not a fan of the two-tone with such a strong contrast. Maybe black and gray, or white and brown, but the light and dark on the interior is too harsh for me.
The top part has to be dark, so as not to reflect and create glare. So the choice is all charcoal-coloured (like my VW), or changing the color below the top of dash.

·
Registered
43 Posts

I think the interior is great!
The dash panel seems to be the body color, so this above is in a Rosso (red).

And below is a lovely UK version in Rame (orange).

I LOVE IT!

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
When I test drove I found it to be comfortable and quiet. Everything I looked for was found without thinking. If it didn't do this I wouldn't consider it Italian.

But there won't be very many walking from the detached Chrysler showroom and switching to the 500 from a Jeep, if that's what suits them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is supposed to be the Abarth interior...

It does look cramped. Not a real big fan of the red either.
If this is the Abarth interior I am going to buy one just because of the interior. I have a thing for red interiors.

I like the inside of #183. Very simple but it is all where it should be. I even like the graphite bezel although I am not a big fan of graphite. The only time your hands have to ever leaver the wheel is to work the gear shift.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Really? Am I the only one who kinda digs the white steering wheel (plus matching hvac controls & radio)? It will get dirty yes, but the seats look fabulous with the white leather on the upper portion. Specifically thinking of those nice chocolate brown leather seats in the lounge.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I like the white wheel, it's a retro Metropolitan kind of look. You should see a car with the exact combination at a dealership first, you can't know if it will be good from pictures. You can't trust other's opinions, because only 20% of people have any taste at all, and they are not evenly distributed across countries (to put it delicately).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts