Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiat 500 interior picture is posted below. The 500 interior has some great design to it, which I can rave over. Space is what i need to some extent and a comparable vehicle, the Mini Cooper has the space I need but I'm a Fiat Fan (hence the name), and when last have we had a Fiat. Not in a while! If you had the chance to experience the Fiat 500 interior, please post your review on it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My thoughts

I have Prima number 241. I went to the Cocktail Party and got to sit in the cars and play with stuff. I rode to the event in my friends Mini. John is about 6'3" or so. He had plenty of room and so did I at 5' 10". Remember this is a "compact" car so rear seat leg room is not huge but is useable. The rear space behind the seat is bigger than the space in a Mini.

The fit and finish was great. The only thing a little funky was the sunscreen on one of the sunroof cars. Someone broke it somehow.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hi,

We're rented a 500 on two occasions in Italy. The interior is reasonably roomy, in my experience. I'm just under 6' in height, and I felt quite comfortable in the car. As a passenger in the front seat of a 500, I feel there is more space than in a mini. The rear seat leg room is modest to be sure, but not inadequate. My wife had a skiing injury to her knee, and she was able to get in and out of the back seat fairly easily.

I think the big space compromise is in the hatchback storage. That area is quite small. The parcel shelf is only about 8" / 20 cm and so there is not much space for luggage. The hatch slopes into the luggage space and really reduces the volume available. That being said, the seats do fold, and we did get a reasonable amount of flat-packed furniture into the car on one shopping trip.

I think the mini and the 500 both show really nice interiors- the 500 is IMHO a calmer design, with fewer things protruding from the dash or the overhead area. But in neither car do you get the feeling that you have seen the same switches somewhere else; everything feels quite custom for the car. And really, the inside is where you spend your time with the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I have a German friend who rented a 500 on holiday. She said they enjoyed the car. Their regular car is a Mercedes.

The only negative she cited was that the Sport model they had, she reported an unusual noise came from "behind the wheels" (i.e. the open brakes). What this noise might have been, she could not explain, so I discount the validity of the negative comment somewhat. All though she is German, which makes it credible.

Which to me is another reason to save money and get steel wheels. Another person told me about their mini cooper and the suspension damage he incurred driving in our area which has a lot of construction. I feel like a steel wheel can deform and absorb energy. Then you just replace a wheel or two, instead of your strut mountings.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm sure that most here are ahead of me on this one, but www.fiat500usa.blogspot.com has a really nice comparison of the euro and NA models, showing both interior and exterior details. I think this recent posting will answer a lot of questions that many of us have about the changes to the 500 for NA.

I dislike the spare under the car (opinions will vary, I know) but it seems to have been done for good reasons. Otherwise, it seems that we may be getting the latest improvements to the 500 ahead of europe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts