Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a look at the Fiat 500 June sales. I'm actually quite impressed with how the 500 is doing since it's a totally new car to most American's & it's the first vehicle that marks the return of Fiat to America and other parts of the world.

I think it's safe to say the Mini Cooper is the Fiat 500's direct competition.
By the looks of things, the Fiat 500 has the potential to sell just as much units as Mini or even more.

June Sales

Fiat 500: 1,803
Mini Cooper: 2,487 (hardtop), 505 (convertible)
Mazda 2: 1,081
Ford Fiesta: 5,535

sales stats are from edmunds

·
Registered
343 Posts
Whoa, that's a lot higher than I expected... I thought the Mazda 2 would sell far more cars than the 500. Looking GOOD!

(or bad, depending on whether you wanted a really exclusive car...)

·
Registered
614 Posts
After seeing the full USA Today wrap around cover ad, I'm somewhat taken back that I haven't yet seen any other Fiat ad in any medium. I thought that would be the precursor to a media blitz but alas, I've seen nothing.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm more surprised at the Fiesta more than anything. I thought it was a slow seller.
LOL ummm, I'd call 3 per dealership a pretty slow seller :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
those are great figures. with the recent intro of the Cabriolet, I can only see them going UP this and next month! :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
OK, so it's not a scorching seller when the top sedans are selling 15-20k units a month, but I thought it was a lot worse for the Fiesta.

Disclaimer: I own stock in Ford so I'm extremely biased :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
those are great figures. with the recent intro of the Cabriolet, I can only see them going UP this and next month! :)

june sales were up only 44 units from may. that was very disappointing. hopefully, july will be much better.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since Ive seen exactly ZERO advertisements myself, I cant see how we are going to see more than modest per dealer sales gains

1 - 10 of 10 Posts