Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone leased a 500 yet? The promo on the usa site sound good, but the dealers that I have contacted have been all over the map with monthly payments. It probably does not help that there are 2 lease deals promoted, and the dealers are new to fiat, but what the hey? I doubt that any of these dealers are new to retail car sales.
I've been interested in the new 42 month zero at delivery $199 lease, but have been unable to parlay that deal on sport. Ive been quoted from $290 to $340 on a sport lease (with all the options, its hard to get an apples to apples deal).
Any advice?
Love the car, owned multiple 124's and was a die hard alfista for a time post college (until children became more pressing than the $1000 quarterly bill to my mechanic).
Want to go italian again, but thought the lease would be a nice way to dip my foot in without total immersion!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I leased (just a few days ago)... and am very happy with the deal I got! Most of all, with a car that could really go either way in terms of reliability and quality in 3 years or so, it's nice to have the option to "get out" and to know that if the car tanks in terms or resale etc that I won't have to worry about taking a hit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What? I would have to remove the vinyl flames?
jk
The lease is attractive to me because it allow me to "rent" a car that i find attractive, and at halftime decide whether to walk away or purchase the car. Plus at the end of the lease, the Abarth should be out and down to market value.
We already own 6 cars and are leasing 2 (mazda 3 and a subie forester). I keep telling my wife that cars are like golf clubs, a specific car for a specific function... so far it is still working (going on 30 years).
it might not work for everyone, but it works for me. If fiat/chrysler is serious about getting cars out there (and having 3 year old inventory to sell down the road) they need to get the dealers to sharpen their pencils a bit.
I'll eventually find a deal that works, but I was just wondering if anyone had taken advantage of the lease deals offered, and how it had worked out for them.
(since one of the cars that i own is a saab(gm/opel) 9 3, i can assure you that i am not overly car smart, i just get what I like, lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my bad (rookie). should woulda coulda posted to general discussion rather than the "4 door" sub forum... won't repost, but if a moderator could move the thread........
jdh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts