Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Hope you can help me. My daughter bought a Fiat 500 Lounge a few weeks ago. After a few weeks she noticed a lot of water in the rear passenger footwell behind the drivers seat. The carpet is absolutely sailing. I have looked underneath, in the boot, roof etc and everywhere else is dry. I put a hosepipe in the drivers door seals and panoramic roof with no obvious leak. The rear washer pipe runs down the nearside of the car I believe, where this is on the offside. It doesn't happen after heavy rain or driving in wet weather. Any ideas please???

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I think in a UK car the pipe runs down the left side of the car (standing at the back of the car looking forward). The leak is on the right hand side. I wonder if this pipe would leak even if the washers aren't being used?

· Registered
14,464 Posts
Sorry, I read drivers side. You car is right hand drive, What we use to do at the car dealership. We would run a smoke test inside the car. To see where the leak was coming from outside the vehicle. You might have to take your car to a shop, to have that preformed.

It could be your rear window leaking, the window seal has unglued. Is it a lot of water? Check the weather strip too, around the rear hatch. The door too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts