Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked my automatic fiat up yesterday and can't help but notice it isn't like other automatics I have drove. Its making me nervous and not wanting to drive it.

I have noticed even when I'm not on a hill on a straight road I take my foot off the brake and it rolls back? Even though I'm going straight on the acceleration. I don't really want to be putting my handbrake on for all of a few seconds everytime I stop on a straight road. I'm dreading hills.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just picked my automatic fiat up yesterday and can't help but notice it isn't like other automatics I have drove. Its making me nervous and not wanting to drive it.

I have noticed even when I'm not on a hill on a straight road I take my foot off the brake and it rolls back? Even though I'm going straight on the acceleration. I don't really want to be putting my handbrake on for all of a few seconds everytime I stop on a straight road. I'm dreading hills.

Is this normal?
Just bought mine and found the exact same problem! Only on really steep hills does the hill holder function kick in, but you can’t tell which hills are steep enough for this to work and on every slope the car will start to roll back before the accelerator kicks in. Have you managed to find a way around this? I’m thinking of selling but will lose so much money

·
Registered
845 Posts
So in the old days:rolleyes: we just learned how to drive. Part of the skill set.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The Dualogic in the European 500. Is the same type of semi automatic, that’s in the smart car. Hurky jurky shifts. A electronic monkey operates the clutch. When driving a car with that type transmission. Between shifts, just lift your foot off the gas pedal, like shifting a manual.

If your sitting on a hill, put you left foot on the brake. With the right one. Give the gas pedal some gas, slowly letting off the brake. Not sure if the Dualogic, transmission, has Hill start assist. Check your owners manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts