Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, what motor combinations will the North American Market see?

I know in Europe they have a 1.2 gas, 1.3 deisel, the 1.4 gas and if im not mistaken the Abarth is a 1.6 Turbo Gas engine.

I know the Europeans usually have more options but has there been any word yet as to what the we getting on the other side of the pond?

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to a report:
The Canadian Fiat 500 will use an extremely fuel-efficient 1.4-litre Fully Integrated Robotized Engine, featuring four valves per cylinder and technology for Fully Variable Valve Actuation (FVVA), also known as Multiair.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
July 2010 Update

Hi guys, what motor combinations will the North American Market see?

I know in Europe they have a 1.2 gas, 1.3 deisel, the 1.4 gas and if im not mistaken the Abarth is a 1.6 Turbo Gas engine.

I know the Europeans usually have more options but has there been any word yet as to what the we getting on the other side of the pond?
The choices (first and last):
A 1.4L gasoline produced in Michigan, USA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible to buy the Twin Air Engine directly from Fiat Powertrain Technologies as a crate engine? there's no way there can be emission problems over here right? I've been trying to google a way to do so and have come up with very little.

I have a sweet little geo metro i love but want to replace with something that is safer, nicer, and with some creature comforts. But I don't want to lose on gas mileage, the geo gets 50mpg, and a little bird told me the Twin Air fiat 500 also gets 50mpg. But for some reason fiat didn't think us Americans would buy a car with such a small engine :( and everyone seems content with ~40mpg, which is great don't get me wrong... but that twin air is just so efficient and green relatively...

any ideas?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Is it possible to buy the Twin Air Engine directly from Fiat Powertrain Technologies as a crate engine? there's no way there can be emission problems over here right? I've been trying to google a way to do so and have come up with very little.

I have a sweet little geo metro i love but want to replace with something that is safer, nicer, and with some creature comforts. But I don't want to lose on gas mileage, the geo gets 50mpg, and a little bird told me the Twin Air fiat 500 also gets 50mpg. But for some reason fiat didn't think us Americans would buy a car with such a small engine :( and everyone seems content with ~40mpg, which is great don't get me wrong... but that twin air is just so efficient and green relatively...

any ideas?
no way anyone can build a car as llight as a geo metro today. virtually any crash in that car would be pretty cartastrophic.

if the twin air rated at 50 elsewhere is assured it would be rated less here simply because of our current epa testing methodology.

·
Registered
99 Posts
geo!

Hey, me too! I have a 1993 Geo (the big one, sedan 4-banger) that I bought 10 years ago at 167K; currently over 300K with no repairs beyond a couple of mufflers and a preventive timing belt change out. I commute over 100km daily plus running around the city (Vancouver). But yes, looking forward to a futuresque Fiat with those creature comforts...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts