Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
So far I think those are the specs from the European model of the Fiat 500. Who knows what we will get here in North America. I guess we will have to wait until the final North American specs are released for the Fiat 500. Let's hope we get the MultiJet Diesel engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I doubt we will get the Diesel engine here in the States... Most Americans arent that big on Diesel unless its in a 7000 pound Pick up! lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish the Fiat 500 would be available with the diesel engine here in North America. Just think of the savings, but I guess the majority wins... :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, I agree on the diesel comments but that looks like that option is not going to happen, or at least not as the first production car. I can live with the gasoline version as long as I can expect 45+ MPG numbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I heard that the MultiJet Diesel engine available on the Fiat 500 will get up to 60 mpg. If that's true, that's pretty amazing!
60 MPG would be very impressive and this car would sell like hot cakes. What are the actual chances of the diesel coming to the US, maybe 50/50, 30/70?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Who knows, but like Blake said, it may not be in the first production run, so maybe it will be an option on a future model Fiat 500. Also, with the EV Fiat 500 suspected to come to the North American market in 2010, maybe that will take precedence/priority over the Multijet Diesel engine...

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
42.2mpg at 45mph speed limit driving about an hour and a half on a hwy. Fiat 500 Sport Automatic. Around town-ish not so much--29-33ish mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts