Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
EEEEEWUUU. I saw one of the big four door Minis on the street. Wrong, just wrong. If a manufacturer wants or needs a larger model to boost sales, fine. But don't stick on a front end that clearly doesn't belong. Just my op.

·
Registered
606 Posts
EEEEEWUUU. I saw one of the big four door Minis on the street. Wrong, just wrong. If a manufacturer wants or needs a larger model to boost sales, fine. But don't stick on a front end that clearly doesn't belong. Just my op.
Hi,

I agree. I think I may have posted something similar somewhere else here, but to me the front end just doesn't look right. I think that a vehicle like shown in the images above may be an interesting addition to the Fiat line up, but I think it would be nicer if that vehicle had its own look and style rather than just looking like someone stretched and contorted the existing small and friendly 500 into a large and somewhat imposing MPV/SUV like vehicle.

Pat

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't tell the size of the FIAT "MPV" is but if only slightly bigger than the 500, add in the 135 hp engine, & you can sell a reasonable number I believe... In any case, moving away from the discredited, twinky, fashionista marketing scheme is a great big plus.

YMMV

Cheers

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'm in the Meh crowd. I like this even less than the 4-door 500 concept shown a while ago. Give these cars their own identities!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Why do they have to make it look like the 500? Just keep the Panda styling and be done with it. I would rather see the vehicle with it's own style and identity and not a few 500 styling cues forced onto it. The new Panda is a nice looking little car.
I actually like the look of it. Starting a "new" brand in NA and keeping a shared identity between the first few cars, seems logical to me. As long as the "MPV" is NOT as big as a MINI Countryman. In that case, it would look more like a kangaroo and less like a mouse.

Oh, I like the A-pillars a lot. Very distinctive, but I wonder how expensive they are compared to a "normal" one?

Cheers

·
Registered
424 Posts
I never noticed the a pillar either. It would never pass dot. The one thing I do like about the 500 versus the other small cars out there, i.e. Honda fit, is that the 500 does not have that sloped front end requiring that extra little window out front. As a side note I just got the usb drive fob from Fiat tonight. Hurray! And Happy New Year!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I love the A-pillar design. Its something I havent seen before. and actually pretty smart...if they can make it strong enough. It looks like a larger FIAT with some cinquecento styling cues which is exactly what its supposed to be. And as far as famous last words....this is exactly what the people want. They like the FIAT but want awd more power and more room. This checks off all those boxes

·
Registered
225 Posts
I love the A-pillar design. Its something I havent seen before. and actually pretty smart...if they can make it strong enough. It looks like a larger FIAT with some cinquecento styling cues which is exactly what its supposed to be. And as far as famous last words....this is exactly what the people want. They like the FIAT but want awd more power and more room. This checks off all those boxes
I agree IF it has the 135 hp engine or a non-turbo w/120 hp or so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.