Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are people expected to see the Fiat 500 in North America?

I know they are on the street in Europe... what about here?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just found some info for you.

The fiat 500 North american reease dates are as follows:

December 2010 for the Fiat 500. (i dont know why they always release cars in the Winter! :p

Looks like the Fiat Abarth will make it to the USA around October 2011.

Thats a long time to wait! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fiat Abarth in Canada?

I just found some info for you.

The fiat 500 North american reease dates are as follows:

December 2010 for the Fiat 500. (i dont know why they always release cars in the Winter! :p

Looks like the Fiat Abarth will make it to the USA around October 2011.

Thats a long time to wait! :(
Great information.

Since the Fiat Abarth is speculated to be released in the US around October 2011, do you think the Canadian release date will be the same? Will Canada even get the Fiat Abarth?

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
December 2010 is a weird time to release a car so I suspect will get pushed back to January or February 2011. No one has extra cash or money to spend on a car during the Christmas season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great information.

Since the Fiat Abarth is speculated to be released in the US around October 2011, do you think the Canadian release date will be the same? Will Canada even get the Fiat Abarth?
I don't see why Canadians wouldn't also get the Abarth. I suspect it will be very close to the same timing for release for both models in Canada and the US.

·
Registered
20 Posts
December is a strange time to release a car but assuming that it will be an affordable car this may be perfect timing. Nothing says a good holiday season like a new car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I came across some more information:

The Fiat 500 Coupe, followed by the Fiat 500C (convertible) will be released in early 2011 - December 2010 just in time for Christmas if we're lucky

The Fiat 500 Abarth sometime in 2012 and the Fiat 500 4-Door in 2013...

Only speculations, but that timing seems right to me - it would be nice if the Fiat 500 Abarth came to North America just a bit sooner :p

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my notice for number 400 Here is a blog where I have made a rendering of what I think it will look like.
Image sent by Fiat is to small.
http://cesarmor.blogspot.com/

I received that notice too and never quite understood that.

It sounds like we are invited to the LA Autoshow on the Nov 17 opening night, which is usually reserved for the press. But when I called Fiat, they have no clue about this email. Perhaps a lack of comms between the customer service reps and PR?

The actual show for the public is Nov 19.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Be there or be square..........

I plan on finding out this week. I can attend and my car is #241.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Regrettably, I don't think that was an invite to the show. These shows are EXTREMELY difficult to get in even if you are a member of the press. You have to submit proof you are a working automotive journalist or be a VIP.

I know several VIP types that reserved cars and they are not invited.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I plan on being there on the 20th. They should at least send us a $2 off coupon like the other local dealers do or some show swag. I can't wait for my white #181.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Regrettably, I don't think that was an invite to the show. These shows are EXTREMELY difficult to get in even if you are a member of the press. You have to submit proof you are a working automotive journalist or be a VIP.

I know several VIP types that reserved cars and they are not invited.
I plan on being there on the 20th. They should at least send us a $2 off coupon like the other local dealers do or some show swag. I can't wait for my white #181.
so.....you're a 'working automotive journalist'? just curious as to how you're planning on getting in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Strangely enough...I just got an invitation. RSVPed!

But least on Nov 17, I have tickets for Lotus. Should be an interesting week!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Invite

Today in my e-mail I got an invitation to a "Preview Event" Cocktail Party for Nov 16th at "The LA Flagship Studio" in LA.

I have #241 reserved. I have a Industry Trade Association board meeting and a dinner I need to see if I can miss to go. I have a free Southwest flight so getting from Oakland to LA should not be an issue.

Should be fun if I can pull it off. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I received that notice too and never quite understood that.

It sounds like we are invited to the LA Autoshow on the Nov 17 opening night, which is usually reserved for the press. But when I called Fiat, they have no clue about this email. Perhaps a lack of comms between the customer service reps and PR?

The actual show for the public is Nov 19.
Well, shock my nerves, they sent out an invitation. It's not on press day, but hey, you get cocktails and one on one with the car.

I wonder if they read your post, LOL

Anyway, that sounds great!

·
Registered
70 Posts
so.....you're a 'working automotive journalist'? just curious as to how you're planning on getting in.
Hi navy48,

Yes, I'm considered an accredited automotive journalist, registered with the media of a bunch of car companies, etc.

You have to be accredited, part of the media crew, be a VIP or be lucky enough to know someone :D (they still check your credentials) to get into press day.

You can see the requirements on the LA Autoshow site.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Hi navy48,

Yes, I'm considered an accredited automotive journalist, registered with the media of a bunch of car companies, etc.

You have to be accredited, part of the media crew, be a VIP or be lucky enough to know someone :D (they still check your credentials) to get into press day.

You can see the requirements on the LA Autoshow site.
sorry, wasn't questioning YOU, but rather "sfv500". seemed he was more concerned about getting "discount coupons" so I thought it a bit strange if he were a journalist.

carry on......:)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
should have read:

so "sfv500".....you're a 'working automotive journalist'?

just curious as to how you're planning on getting in.
again "Fiat500USA", I apologize. my bad........:eek:

but now that invites were actually SENT OUT, it doesn't really matter. looks like anyone that reserved the Prima Edizione is invited. another good reason for me to have NOT ordered one.....I'm in Indy and I would be really upset that I couldn't attend! :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
The LA auto show finally put discount tickets on the website, if anyone was interested.
Yes I got the invite last night about 10 minutes after your post Navy48, I did not know it was going to happen when I posted.
I think someone read your post or someone has a inside track with Fiat ;)
Yes, I have already RSVP'ed for the cocktail party.
Can't wait, see you there.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
The LA auto show finally put discount tickets on the website, if anyone was interested.
Yes I got the invite last night about 10 minutes after your post Navy48, I did not know it was going to happen when I posted.
I think someone read your post or someone has a inside track with Fiat ;)
Yes, I have already RSVP'ed for the cocktail party.
Can't wait, see you there.
So anybody got a return message from their RSVP? I asked if I could bring a signifigant other......:)

Good Loard willing I will be able to rearrainge my schedule to attend.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts