Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was running good when parked battery New
He said a belt is broken and there is no compression 2014 47k miles
I was looking at posts in forum about valve's leaking out during inactivity
Is there something I can ask to do from any forum posters

·
Registered
938 Posts
Nothing wrong with the car. Oil drained from the multiair brick cylinder head. Lots of write ups on this. In a nutshell you attach a battery charger and then keep cranking the engine to build oil pressure in the cylinder head whilst allowing the starter to cool in between starts.
So typically 10 seconds at a time. It can take 20-30 tries to start car.
There are other ways too. Do a search.

Reactions: smark

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing wrong with the car. Oil drained from the multiair brick cylinder head. Lots of write ups on this. In a nutshell you attach a battery charger and then keep cranking the engine to build oil pressure in the cylinder head whilst allowing the starter to cool in between starts.
So typically 10 seconds at a time. It can take 20-30 tries to start car.
There are other ways too. Do a search.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good luck - it would be extremely unusual for the timing belt to have snapped at 47K. They are to be replaced at 100K.

·
Registered
938 Posts
My owner's manual says timing belt replacement at 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
how did belt break while parked? Did mice eat it?
How do you have zero compression? What did your mechanic do? Whatever it is, you need a new mechanic.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I don't believe mechanic. With such low mileage I still say multiair brick has leaked down and need to do start procedure. Mechanic is impatient.

Reactions: smark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was running good when parked battery New
He said a belt is broken and there is no compression 2014 47k miles
I was looking at posts in forum about valve's leaking out during inactivity
Is there something I can ask to do from any forum posters
Intake valves use oil pressure to open and close. So, no oil pressure and no compression. I had this experience with a salvage 500 I bought. It had been sitting for 18 months. You may need to prime the oil pump thru by pouring oil into the filter body after removing the filter.
Doug Bruce
Fiat Sport #311

·
Registered
5 Posts
What belt broke if it is the alternator belt check to see if you can turn alternator it may be siezed comon problem. If car has sat needs oil in brick valve train to build compression . I had to tow start mine stick shift to get it to start after sitting for a year. Do not need alternator belt just good battery water pump run of timing belt. Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem after my 13' Sport sat with the oil pan off for about a week. I tried all the usual procedures everyone said to try. I learned that the oil pumps aren't self-priming. I pulled my oil pressure sending unit and hooked up an oil tank that was pressured up with 20 psi of air. I pressed the oil check valve below the filler neck and oil squirted up about a foot. This means the brick was seeing oil pressure. I buttoned everything up and then the motor fired right up. I built my oil tank out of pvc but, places like Autozone have loaners. I wished I had tried this first and saved all the wear on my starter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts