Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm going to guess that the Fiat 500 MSRP will for sure be under $20,000. It has to compete with the Mini and the Smart Car. I think with all the personalization options available, the price may rise pretty quickly, but if you want the base model Fiat 500, I don't see why it should cost any more than $20,000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think Fiat would be smart to put the price anywhere from the $18,000 to $22,000 dollar range. Obviously you don't want to go to high otherwise you will lose any potential market to the competitors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I plan on spending anywhere from $15,000 (minimum) upwards to $23000 (maximum) on a new car. The longer I wait the more I will be able to afford. Obviously the cheaper the better for me, but I hope the 500 will come in under $20,000.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fiat has to go cheap as they will have some fierce competition between the Mini, Smart Car and even the Scion iQ that is scheduled to release around the sametime. $15,000 would be a good price point to start.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agreed. Fiat does not want to price themselves out of the market. Do we have any idea as to when the MSRP will be released?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Agreed. Fiat does not want to price themselves out of the market. Do we have any idea as to when the MSRP will be released?
If the Fiat 500 is spectulated to be released in late 2010 early 2011, I would think that the MSRP would be released in October or November... maybe even sooner than that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would not be upset if Fiat started dropping some prices, just even estimates.

How does a comparable Fiat 500 in the UK cost?
The prices of the Fiat 500 in the UK market are 7,900 pounds to 9,300 pounds which works out to $12,189 - $14,349 Canadian.

Those prices work for me, but I assume the price will increase dependent on the options/upgrades/customizations that you select.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Even with European pricing converted, it's under $20,000 so that's good for me. The Fiat 500 appears that it will be a pretty affordable little car :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Even with European pricing converted, it's under $20,000 so that's good for me. The Fiat 500 appears that it will be a pretty affordable little car :)
Wow. You must love Italy a lot, considering that you can get a Hyundai Accent hatch for under $10 grand in Canada.

I do too, but not at double the price.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Dealer in Canada has told me its just under $30k for an Abarth all in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
apparently.... the price for a Fiat 500 in Canada will start at $15 900, i will have to confirm this once its out. In USA its already out and starts at $15 500, so no doubt the US price will be close to the Canadian

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Sure they would like for you to load it up. But if the base price is 15,500 and that includes air conditioning and cruise control, that is a good deal.

It's going to better for Chrysler, Fiat, and us the consumer if they can just learn to move the cars at a decent price.

The engine will be good for the environment. It is only one-tenth liter bigger than the engine in a Prius.

If you young people can learn to drive it right, it will be good for your safety too. This is a city car, and probably should not be driven over 60 mph. The airbags are good but that's mainly all you have going for you besides common sense.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer in Canada has told me its just under $30k for an Abarth all in.
Do prices generally trend higher in Canada for roughly the same vehicle? I would expect a few thousand more for an Abarth based on other manufacturers (e.g. Golf -> GTI, Mini -> MCS).

First post here... a bit behind the times, but I'm excited about the 500. I was close to buying a mini and didn't feel quite right about it. Now I know why:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
If you young people can learn to drive it right, it will be good for your safety too. This is a city car, and probably should not be driven over 60 mph. The airbags are good but that's mainly all you have going for you besides common sense.
I'm not convinced that age is any guarantee that anyone will be able to 'drive it right' (sic) but I've driven two Fiat 500's over the course of five weeks in Italy, both with the 1.2 litre gas engine. I can tell you that it is not just a city car, and that it will happily scamper well beyond 62 mph/ 100 kph. I've loaded it up with stuff, and breezed down the autostrada at 120 kph with the air con. on, and it was fine; stable, reasonably quiet and frankly, more competent than many american cars I have driven.

Perhaps aa, you have not driven one yet?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Nykash,

Yes, prices are generally higher here in Canada, but it varies greatly between makes. All the info I've seen suggests that the base 500 is $15,500.00 in the US, and $15,900.00 in Canada. I think it is very competitive, and well equipped at the entry level.

I'll likely go for a pop and add a few options.... although that sun roof is splendid.

The CAD is not far off the USD and so the price makes sense. It will be interesting to see how many cars are sold in the US and Canada over the next year.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Wow. You must love Italy a lot, considering that you can get a Hyundai Accent hatch for under $10 grand in Canada.

I do too, but not at double the price.
Hmmm. If price were the only factor in car buying, nothing on this forum would exist. The Accent is an adequate appliance, but it is not the same class of car as the 500. Having driven an Accent, I think it is $10K well wasted. Just MHO.

Canadian pricing note: I'm sure I'm not the first to notice, but the Canadian base 500 does not include air conditioning. I like the option to not have AC, as it adds weight and complexity, but it is very handy, summer and winter. So, this is one way Fiat is keeping the CDN entry level price close to the US price.

I didn't search for other differences. The Canadian site doesn't allow for pricing of options, last I checked.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do Canadians really need A/C for both days of their summer? :p

Actually, it would be nice to have the option here in the US. I would even think about not getting it; I use mine here in joisey only a couple of times a year; I'd much prefer the windows and sunroof open, even on hot days.

That is and interesting gimmick about keeping the Canadian price close. I guess the devil is in the details.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts