Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is mainly for Fiat 500 owners in Europe since they had the 500 for a while now compared to us in the United State that are just getting them or about to.

What problems have you experienced with your Fiat 500? Please do mention any problem you have, could be something small or something big and costly. Since I am saving up for a 500 or a car just like it, i want to make sure im not buying into a money pit!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Help

This question is mainly for Fiat 500 owners in Europe since they had the 500 for a while now compared to us in the United State that are just getting them or about to.

What problems have you experienced with your Fiat 500? Please do mention any problem you have, could be something small or something big and costly. Since I am saving up for a 500 or a car just like it, i want to make sure im not buying into a money pit!

Try here: http://www.fiatforum.com/

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I looked around and could not find anything definitive on this. U.K. owners apparently gave J.D. Powers the lowest rating. However it was not correlated to the type engine. They could have been mostly the 1.2 engines.

If you check on the Fiat Panda, it has a very good reputation for low cost of ownership. Our car is closer to that than most of the Fiat 500's that have been sold in Europe beginning 2007. The 1.4 multi-air engine is the only big question mark. You are going to have to just roll the dice on that or put off buying for a couple years.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I looked around and could not find anything definitive on this. U.K. owners apparently gave J.D. Powers the lowest rating. However it was not correlated to the type engine. They could have been mostly the 1.2 engines.

If you check on the Fiat Panda, it has a very good reputation for low cost of ownership. Our car is closer to that than most of the Fiat 500's that have been sold in Europe beginning 2007. The 1.4 multi-air engine is the only big question mark. You are going to have to just roll the dice on that or put off buying for a couple years.
The other issues were the auto trans and the "Start/Stop" feature. Remember the 2007 was the first year. Our 2012 will be the "New and Improved" version for Europe next year. We get the "good stuff" and upgrades first. The 1.4 Multi-Air is a proven powerplant as is the 5 speed. I just wish the diesel was here in the USA. Soon I hope......:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts