Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good news to any of you that live in Germany. Another special edition 500 has been announced. This one is only available in Germany and will be limited to 250 units. The price tag for this has been set at 19,500 €. It is only available in red. The 500 Rosso Corsa has be upgraded with leather trim, 16" alloy wheels, xenon headlights, stereo system, red brake calipers. Each unit will get an aluminum plate with the corresponding production number and a chrome lettering on the rear featuring the "Rosso Corsa" logo. As far as powertrain goes it is only offered with a 1.4L naturally aspirated gasoline engine rated at 100hp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
personally i dont think thats much of a limited edition. they barely did anything special to it. id rather have either esseesse or a hamann edition.

·
Registered
98 Posts
its from fiat directly. thats why they were a bit conservative with the modifications to it. but with so many other special/limited edition out there its hard to choose which one is right for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why would Fiat barely do anything to a car that supposed to be a Limited Edition. At least they could've given it a performance boost and not just painted calipers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The photo is lovley to look at though if they didnt do much to it to make it limmited its hard to understand why anyone would be rushing out to put the extra money out and secure one. maybe small changes like this are bigger in the European market?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The photo is lovley to look at though if they didnt do much to it to make it limmited its hard to understand why anyone would be rushing out to put the extra money out and secure one. maybe small changes like this are bigger in the European market?
I know. I'm thinking of the same thing too. People there might be willing to pay the extra just to say they have a "limited edition" of something. Remember, its the Germans too that are charging $20k extra for an "exclusive color" on a BMW M3 + $2k worth of upgrades to the car. Maybe why they're only selling this limited edition in Germany?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If there is a market go for it. I know things that are limmited in most markets are made more valuable... just the price increase seems almost criminal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If there is a market go for it. I know things that are limmited in most markets are made more valuable... just the price increase seems almost criminal.
There will be a market for special edition 500's. But not this one for sure. People in North America want more than that in their special editions. If anything they should bring the 268hp special edition by Pogea Racing. Now that one will sell for sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Love this look. If they bring it close to 268hp, this car will be a nice sleeper. :)
Only special edition Fiat 500 that currently has that much hp is the one by Pogea racing. I doubt Fiat will come out with a special edition with that much power.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A nice sleeper should not cost you an extra 20k on delivery. I think for the extra 20k I could put all kinds of new and fun mods in one and make my own limmited edition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts