Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since North America does get snow, how do you think the Fiat 500 will handle in the snow? Aside from a great set of snow tires, do you think it will be able to get through snow storms like the rest of the cars out there?

Personally, I think a car is only as good as its driver, so if you're a great driver, you should be able to handle any road condition in any car... that said, it may be a bit difficult with this little car, but I have a feeling that the Fiat 500 will do well in the snow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the Fiat 500 will do well in the snow. It's a little car, but I don't think that is a big issue. If it is released between December and February, that would be the perfect time to test out its snow driving capabilities.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks like a pretty well balanced car and fairly low to the ground so don't think it will have many issues

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, I think Cole will most likely be right with his comments. Add a really good set of winter tires and this could be a car that is begging to have snow around to drive it and have some fun on the roads.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I currently have a Yaris and with good snow tires ( I use Pirelli Winters ), I expect the 500 to handle very much the same = EXCELLENT!!!

May spin a bit if you have a heavy foot from a standing start :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
For sure, 4 winter tires will be a must. Hopefully someone has a tire for it with a reasonably deep tread. I've used Blizzaks for several years and I like them a lot... in the city. Outside the city... not so much.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I currently have a Yaris and with good snow tires ( I use Pirelli Winters ), I expect the 500 to handle very much the same = EXCELLENT!!!

May spin a bit if you have a heavy foot from a standing start :D
i also had a yaris hatch through 2 michigan winters (tons of lake effect snow off lake michigan).

i never took the factory all season tires off and i never felt it was a problem. i also prefer the control of a 5 speed stick in the snow.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I actually got to test the car the day after Toronto's last snow storm back in March, and I was alone in the car! So, naturally I went off the main streets looking for whatever snow I could find. There were parked cars around, so I was a bit timid, but whenever I threw it into a corner with snow covering it gripped quite nicely, felt like I got a little oversteer at times, but quite controlled. Then I tried pulling into someone's unshovelled driveway. Took it halfway in, I was quite nervous about getting stuck in the dealers car, but after a split second hesitation the car pulled right out.

So, I was quite pleased with that aspect of the car. Not enough of a test to be 100% though, and I'm hedging my bets by holding onto my '96 A4 for occasional winter use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts