Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to Fiat Customer Service on the phone and got the specs on the speakers in my 500C Pop with base model stereo.

The speakers in the A Pillar are 22mm Tweeters
The Speakers in the front door are 165mm Mid-woofers and
The Speakers in the Rear are 100mm Full Range Speakers.

I have ordered JBL speakers from Best Buy online. About $225 for all six

Happy Motoring

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Improper ohm ratings could cause the head unit to burn out.

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
I glad, I got the Bose system, where I don't have to deal with speaker swapping. I just wish the sound system had a built in Nav, and media/ipod info on the system head. Not enough room unless you got a flip up unit, that blocks the air vent. Tomtom pod on dash too bright for iPod controls at night. Wonder if the OEM mopar subwoofer works with the Bose system?

Look on the back of the factory speakers for the ohm ratings. You'll be replace the radio head too if you don't use the right ones.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
I bet this is fake, the duct work above the radio would have to be changed too. Hello Fiat take a look, good idea

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the ohm ratings and such? I have read that if you don't match things well enough the head unit and amp (if applicable) won't properly push the audio to the speakers and levels won't output properly. I am not certain but that was something I seemed to recall and thought would be a factor.
I asked Fiat customer Service about ohms, but she did not have the info. She said she would call me back with specs but have not heard back yet. Most car speakers are 2 ohms, will know when I pull the factory speakers out for the swap

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I asked Fiat customer Service about ohms, but she did not have the info. She said she would call me back with specs but have not heard back yet. Most car speakers are 2 ohms, will know when I pull the factory speakers out for the swap
FiaTED:

Unfortunately, I would not be able to determine how many ohms are in each speaker. It is not listed. Ohms however, are listed on the back of each of the speakers, but that would require removal. Do you have the standard stereo or the premium?

I can at least tell you the watts of each speaker. For the standard system, there are six (6) speakers; (2) 30 watt tweeters in the A pillar, (2) 40 watt mid ranges in the front doors, and (2) 40 full ranges in the trim.

In the premium system, there are (2) 40 watt tweeters in the A pillar, (2) 60 watt mid ranges in the front doors, and (2) 40 full ranges in the trim, as well as 6" sub under the passenger seat with an amplifier located in the passenger quarter panel in cargo area. So, given the wattage of each speaker of either system, I would expect the ohms to be approx 2 per speaker. But to be sure, you would have to remove the speakers (or at least one of each) and it is listed on the rear of the speaker. Hope this helps alil.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She called back but could not provide more specs. She directed me to send an email to FIAT, not the USA Customer Care unit. will update

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Improper ohm ratings could cause the head unit to burn out.
Maybe evertually, but I want higher quality sound. If it does burn out I'll get a better one at that time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FiaTED:

Unfortunately, I would not be able to determine how many ohms are in each speaker. It is not listed. Ohms however, are listed on the back of each of the speakers, but that would require removal. Do you have the standard stereo or the premium?

I can at least tell you the watts of each speaker. For the standard system, there are six (6) speakers; (2) 30 watt tweeters in the A pillar, (2) 40 watt mid ranges in the front doors, and (2) 40 full ranges in the trim.

In the premium system, there are (2) 40 watt tweeters in the A pillar, (2) 60 watt mid ranges in the front doors, and (2) 40 full ranges in the trim, as well as 6" sub under the passenger seat with an amplifier located in the passenger quarter panel in cargo area. So, given the wattage of each speaker of either system, I would expect the ohms to be approx 2 per speaker. But to be sure, you would have to remove the speakers (or at least one of each) and it is listed on the rear of the speaker. Hope this helps alil.
Jonathan:

Great to see and heat the Mfg replies to these forums. I figured they were 2 ohms. I have a Pop with the base stereo. Do you have any specs on the headunit, power 4 channel? etc

Thanks

We love Fiat
Fiat
Is
Awesome
Ted

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I glad, I got the Bose system, where I don't have to deal with speaker swapping. I just wish the sound system had a built in Nav, and media/ipod info on the system head. Not enough room unless you got a flip up unit, that blocks the air vent. Tomtom pod on dash too bright for iPod controls at night. Wonder if the OEM mopar subwoofer works with the Bose system?

Look on the back of the factory speakers for the ohm ratings. You'll be replace the radio head too if you don't use the right ones.
Mopar/Fiat states OEM mopar subwoofer will NOT work with the Bose system, only base unit

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Jonathan:

Great to see and heat the Mfg replies to these forums. I figured they were 2 ohms. I have a Pop with the base stereo. Do you have any specs on the headunit, power 4 channel? etc

Thanks

We love Fiat
Fiat
Is
Awesome
Ted

TEd:

Unfortunately, I do not have the specs for the head unit... just the speakers layout.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TEd:

Unfortunately, I do not have the specs for the head unit... just the speakers layout.
Jon:

Someone must have them. How can we get the specs?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Jon:

Someone must have them. How can we get the specs?
FiaTED:

I do not have access to that information. Try your local studio..they will have a service manual for the vehicle.It will determine whether you have the basic or premium set up. If you are planning on buying another head unit, where ever you take it to be installed (like a local stereo shop) will be able to tell you the specs once removed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.