Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Where's the car? No matter how long I look for it I can't find the car. I'm pretty sure the buggy looks good though. I just need to find it.... :D

·
Registered
470 Posts
seems like Fiat is taking the Mini route and making a beach version of their compact car

Check out the Mini Beachcomber HERE
Pretty sure the beach car concept was started in the 50s by Fiat and other French manufactiors. I have a friend that has 4 50s and 60s Fiat 500 and 600 beach cars. They are really cool. Rutan seats, no doors, and cloth canopies. I will try to get pics of them next to my car soon.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

Pretty sure the beach car concept was started in the 50s by Fiat and other French manufactiors. ....
Hi,

This kind of reminds me a little of some comments I once read on the new(ish) Honda Insight where a professional reviewer claimed that Honda was mimicking the shape of the Toyota Prius only to be reminded by several commenters that the shape of the current Insight in many ways mimics the original two-seater Insight from many years ago, which in fact predated the shape of the current Prius.

I guess sometimes its easy to forget some parts of history in favors of others.

Sorry for getting off track.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty sure the beach car concept was started in the 50s by Fiat and other French manufactiors. I have a friend that has 4 50s and 60s Fiat 500 and 600 beach cars. They are really cool. Rutan seats, no doors, and cloth canopies. I will try to get pics of them next to my car soon.
is not completely correct. The cars of this type known in Italian "spiaggina" (small car to the beach) have been created since the 50s by several Italian coach builders, based on the Fiat 500 and 600. The first French model for this kind of car was created in 1961 for Renault (4CV Jolly) always by Ghia of Turin. The first non-Italian model of these cars was created by Mini in 1964 (Mini Moke) while the first model of "spiaggina" created in France is dated 1968 by Citroen.

Here is a list of some examples:

Fiat 500 Capri 1951

Fiat 600 "Spiaggina" by Vignale 1956

Fiat 600 multipla "spiaggia" 1956

Fiat multipla Marine Pininfarina 1956

Fiat 600 multipla "Marinella" by Fissore 1957

Fiat 600 Jolly (spiaggina) by Ghia 1957

Fiat 500 Jolly by Ghia 1958

Fiat 600 "Marina" 1963

and these other models:

Campestre 600 by Motto
Ranger 500 by Ferves
Maggiolina 500 by Francis Lombardi
Cabrio 500 by Moretti
Minimaxi by Moretti
Midimaxi by Moretti
Decathlon 500 by Sibona & Basano
Spiaggina 500 by Savio
Albarella 500 by Savio
Fiat 126 Cavalletta
Scout by Fissore

·
Registered
12,687 Posts
This one, if you put a MB badge on the front of it. It would look like it was made by MB. You could fill it with water to, and have bathtub. Wheres the little yellow duck. Didn't Willeys/Jeep make some Caribbean type vehicles too?

Did Fiat make this one for Lost and space?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts