Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I just bought a brand new Fiat 500 Cult 1.4, 8v (2011/2012), mexican one.
Could you guys tell me the offset of the wheels?

They come originaly with 15" x 6.0 wheels + tyres 185/55 R15

I'd like to put some 17" wheels so I need to confirm this information.

Thank you guys so much.

Regards
Ricardo

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
35mm ET on a 17X7.5 inch wheels is as close as you want to go.

37mm ET on a 17X7 inch wheel is ok too.

Reactions: ricardovasco

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
35mm ET on a 17X7.5 inch wheels is as close as you want to go.

37mm ET on a 17X7 inch wheel is ok too.
Thanks Mr. Pickles. The guy from TSW wheels offered me to make a wheel exactly as my car needed. I mean, Fiat is 4x 98 and TSW has normaly 4x100 or 5x100. They also have only in bronze,silver and black, so they will make them in graphite color and 4x98.

I just called FIAT now and the guys said the offset of the original wheel is 35. However he said that if the offset is too different from 17"to 15"it can touch in the damper and the wheels can also come out from the car bodywork. Is it true?

Whats the perfect measure I need to ask him to make this new 17"wheels for my car?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

17 x 7.5 ET 30 with 215/35/17 tires
Thanks! They look just perfect! What about the steering wheel? Is it much stiffer or still soft? Did you replace the springs? Unfortunately I cant use 215/35 because of our streets in Brazil. i can go maximum to 45.
Do you think 205/45/17 silo work with 30 offset as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just called a store here in Brazil and showed them your pic. They doubt that your wheel is 215 and offset 30 LOL
They are saying that it looks 195 tyre and not 35.. and also that the offset can not be 30. If it was 30 the wheel should jump off the car bodywork.
They said I need at least 40 offset and also 17 x 7"... not 7.5".

Now I don't know what to do because if I order the wheels by myself If something go wrong its up to me. They won't warranty any problem. However, Im afraid they also order the wrong one, once you said and showed me that.

I really don't know what to do now.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just called a store here in Brazil and showed them your pic. They doubt that your wheel is 215 and offset 30 LOL
They are saying that it looks 195 tyre and not 35.. and also that the offset can not be 30. If it was 30 the wheel should jump off the car bodywork.
They said I need at least 40 offset and also 17 x 7"... not 7.5".

Now I don't know what to do because if I order the wheels by myself If something go wrong its up to me. They won't warranty any problem. However, Im afraid they also order the wrong one, once you said and showed me that.

I really don't know what to do now.
:) they could doubt but keep in mind, these wheels are made specifically for the Fiat 500 with a PCD of 4x98 ET is 30 and are 7.5 wide and I can take pics of the tire specs if you wish. I have nothing to hide or trick anyone. I'm just waiting for some coilovers to lower my car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:) they could doubt but keep in mind, these wheels are made specifically for the Fiat 500 with a PCD of 4x98 ET is 30 and are 7.5 wide and I can take pics of the tire specs if you wish. I have nothing to hide or trick anyone. I'm just waiting for some coilovers to lower my car.

I really believe on you. The problem is the warranty . It won't work if I have any problem in the future. Could you send me more pics from the side of the car? What model is your 500 and which wheel and tyres came with it originaly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if you look in the picture you will see what kind of wheels i have as well ;)

Thank you so much! I really like your wheel too! I can't see so much but I think it has the same design Im looking for.

You got 17 x 7.5 and offset 30. Do you think If I go for 17 x 7.0 and offset 35 it will work too?

Check it out:
http://www.tsw.com.br/roda.php?rodID=11

This TSW model comes originaly with 4x98 ( fiat ) and offset 35 ( original from Fiat too). Will them work good or they will jump out of the car bodywork or even touch in the springs?

Remember I would go for 205/40 tyres..

I really appreciate your attention! Hope I can help you with something else one day ; )

·
Registered
22 Posts
Keep in mind that 13mm = 1/2"...so a 5mm - 10mm change in offset isn't really that much from the perspective of a photograph...especially if the wheel with a different offset is not included as a direct comparison. A lower offset number is better from the perspective of weight transfer/potential cornering power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts