Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've had my Fit 500c for a couple of weeks and I love it. I traded in my 2007 GTI and although I miss the performance a little the 500 makes up for it in fun, parking skills, and being unique. I think it's the best car to own in the city. My question to you guys is what are some of the things you wish the 500 came stocked with? I would've liked a height adjustable passenger seat for starters.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Felt or rubber in the bottom of the door pockets to keep things from sliding back and forth all the time.
Had that problem in my Element, what I did was use this rubber shelf covering, cutting it out to fit all the affected spots, looked good and grips everything so nothing shifts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had that problem in my Element, what I did was use this rubber shelf covering, cutting it out to fit all the affected spots, looked good and grips everything so nothing shifts.
That sounds like a pretty good solution, I hate having things slide around the shelves. Which reminds me. I wish the 500C had sunglass holders :cool: I've been using the passenger seat cubby, it's decent but even my GTI had a sunglass holder.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I too use the mats to line the door pockets, the type used to line tool chests. As for what I wish the 500 has that it is missing...

30-60 more HP
Automatic headlights
Angel eyes, no biggie but might look nice and classy, not certain
Additional 12V and USB outside the glove compartment
Intermittent wipers, don't think it has that
Keyless entry with Push Button Start
Remote Start
Remote Sunroof/Window controls
Volume compensation dependant on speed
17in OEM rims [LIGHTWEIGHT] rather than 16
Dual exhaust rather than single
Paddle Shifters, only a little wishing there though
Rain sensing wipers
probably some more but don't recall at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got a list I keep in my noggin, revising it as necessary

1. Lower seating position
2. Longer armrest - that little stub is annoying more than anything
3. Passenger Grab bar - Can't believe Fiat left this off the sunroof models
4. More storage, I'll take any little bit I can get
5. Some kind of pad for my right knee, that cowl around the shifter is wrong wrong for my frame
6. More weight and feel in the steering
7. Live power source when the car is off
8. Less noise from the sunroof

All in all fairly minor issues, many the result of my 6'2" frame

The Abarth will hopefully address horsepower, torque and handling issues, but in that department I can't complain, I knew the car was a little underpowered and softly sprung when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Area's that could use improvement:

Height adjustable passenger seat (I have my seat adjusted all the way down so passengers always feel like their towering over me)
Flimsy manual shift knob (It twists in my hand when shifting, doesn't feel nice)
Power windows switches (I don't like only being able to put one window up at a time when driving)
More "Oh S***" handles
Small rattles and flexing noises
USB media player
Leaky rear washer fluid nozzle
WHEEL GAP!
Unpleasant crunch when engaging reverse (I instinctively put it in 3rd then reverse to avoid this issue)
Passenger armrest (Don't really need one, but it would be nice)
A volume knob rather than buttons
More power would be nice, but it's fine the way it is.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I like a more upright seating position, so my preference would be a seat that can go lower. The sunroof takes a couple inches of headroom off the side, and I konk my forehead when I check my blind spot. Of course, that habit will change, but it really threw me for a loop on the way home in my new car.

Anyway, that's my only wish so far... lower seating, for both sides would be nice. My wife would love to have more room in the back, and two more doors, and automatic, and a different color... good thing it's not her DD. :p

·
Registered
825 Posts
Tweak - two things you mentioned, the 500 has. It does have intermittent wipers, but they're automatic and change interval based on your speed. Sounds sophisticated, but I'd prefer manual settings.

The radio also changes volume based on speed/road noise (though I suspect it's tied to speed only). There are two settings for sensitivity in the radio menu. Low has virtually no effect and High has a drastic effect.

I wish the A/C light on the manual control was brighter, and while we're being picky, I think I'd like the dash lights to be some other color than orange.

Ryan

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
As Bill stated and corrected my statement, Better intermittent wipers then...I haven't needed them so I did not realize they were automatic and adjusted, good to know.

As for the volume compensation, again, I suppose I should state it as better, I toyed with the settings and did not find it to work as well as I would expect, volume is just not adjusted enough in my opinion, so on both accounts a bit better execution would suffice.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Tweak, I'm with you on both counts. I understand the logic behind the wipers, going faster does increase the amount of rain hitting the windshield, but it's not enough control. If I want to drive 45mph and it starts raining a little harder, I can't turn the wipers up. My only choice is to drive a bit faster, haha.

The radio - my previous car had a sensitivity setting on a gradient. This is just high and low sensitivity. Again, I'd like a little more control.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The armrest is kind of annoying. The only time I find it useful is when I'm in the passenger seat and I steal the armrest from the driver :D

I would love knobs for the radio
Non-Skid bins (which I think I'll just DIY)
Fog Lights on Pops
Pop open rear windows so people don't feel claustrophobic in the backseat (Not a problem when the top is down!)
Bigger cup holders
A lower Chasis

The wiper situation is new to me since it hasn't really rained much, I'm kind of curious to see how that goes but rainy season is still a ways away.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts