Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car & Driver said in February that Fiat is developing a 500 with AWD (which is EXACTLY what my wife wants since we live in a snowy state). It also says that it doesn't look like the AWD version will make it to the United States. Does anybody know if anything has changed? Will they bring it to the US? Is there another Fiat model with AWD being developed? Thanks :)

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2013-fiat-500-awd-spy-photos-future-cars/

·
Registered
233 Posts
Even if they actually produce the awd variant, it wouldn't be offered in north america for years if ever. So, I wouldn't hold my breath. As far as other Fiats / Alfa Romeo's coming down, there wouldn't be any models til 2013, and the chances that one of those would come with AWD would be non-existent. Besides, no other fiat has the style and panache of the 500.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"The all-wheel-drive 500, we’re told, won’t come to the U.S.; the system’s added cost and predicted low demand will keep it from our shores. Its drivetrain could, however, find its way into the eventual five-door variant of the 500—especially if Fiat decides to follow the lead of Mini’s Countryman junior crossover."

When is the "five-door variant of the 500" supposed to hit? Is that still going to be a "500" or is it a different model?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts