Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to change the settings on or disable the drivers seat seatbelt sensor? It's so annoying and kicks in so quickly and is so insistent. After checking the mail at my apartment and driving back to the front of my building at 5mph on a private road I feel OK about not buckling up but the car disagrees!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My mailbox is at the end of my 150 yard long driveway, and unless I unintentionally accellerate and smack a tree at 12.5 miles an hour ('cause let's admit - i ain't going to get going very fast in 150 yards, no matter HOW much I mash on the go pedal!), I don't need to aggrivate my shoulder, reaching back for the seatbelt again just to drive the mail to the house.
(Note, I use the seatbelt at ALL other times!)
So, yesterday, I found the plug from the seatbelt latch that runs under the seat. Simple. 2 wires. So I fashioned a temporary jumper out of a short hunk of wire and basically used it to close the circuit. You know, like I figured it would do when you buckled the seatbelt.
Plugged it all back together and turned the car on without the seatbelt buckled. No ringer!
But it had a code. Airbag issue. ******.
back to the drawing board

·
Registered
976 Posts
That's an odd one, Rob. I'll bet the seat belt has to be pulled part way out to avoid that alarm. Maybe try (temporarily) putting a chip clip on the seat belt to keep it from retracting, as a test?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts