Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a 2014 Fiat 500L at the Landers Chrysler Jeep dealership In Little Rock, AR. Drove it 3,000 miles over 6 months. Drove it to the dealer to replace the wiper blade arm, which is what I thought was wrong with it. Talked me into an allignment while there. They did a check of all the particulars of the car, fluids, belts. Drove home and it left me on the side of the road in the mountains. Car wouldn't change gears. Bought it on finance. I'm so screwed it isnt funny! No more Fiats for me. This car has been a nightmare!

·
Registered
6 Posts
A bad clutch would de-couple the engine from the wheels, and you just wouldn't go anywhere. It also tends to happen gradually, it will
start to slip, and then slip more and slip more.. Over time, a bad clutch is something you can usually nurse for quite a while, weeks and
months and sometimes years if you are careful.

Not going into gear, I would venture that you have a bad clutch master or slave cylinder, or most likely a leaky line going between
the two. Open up the clutch master cylinder and pour some brake fluid in there (double check me on that, most vehicles just
use brake fluid, no idea what Fiat uses, I haven't had to go there yet).

If you can describe a little more EXACTLY what is happening, maybe we can help you a little more, but from what you've
said so far, I don't think its your clutch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts