Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
I use mine good tonight. Some clown pulled in from of me on the highway, like I wasn't. I need a horn off a cruise ship!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I was looking for mine the other day under the hood and couldn't find it. ha ha!
It's located in the drivers side fender well. I think when the weather turns I'm going to replace it with a proper FIAMM air horn. :D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Maybe its not a good idea to have a train horn.

Forget the FIAMM. I'm buying a train horn! LOL!

In all seriousness - I almost feel I need this for all of the azz-hats that can't drive worth their salt on I-95...

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Obviously I'd never get one of those train horns, mainly cause I don't want to spend $1,500 bucks and even more-so due to the size and need for the compressor. I would like to find an easily mounted replacement horn for the 500 that is 120Db or higher though, nice to be seen when you are in such a small vehicle.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yeah -the prices on those things reek of rediculousness! In all seriousness I'm going to be adding a triple air horn this spring. Sounds like an easy DIY I can post. ;)

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's located in the drivers side fender well. I think when the weather turns I'm going to replace it with a proper FIAMM air horn. :D
YES! Ever since my Dad put one in his FIAT 131 when I was a kid I said that I would get one for my car but never did. I'm definitely getting one for my Abarth when I get it.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Over the years driving very small cars. It doesn't matter what size horn you have on your car. There's just no respect for small cars on the highway.:(

·
Registered
825 Posts
My horn sounds only when I press it around the edges. It doesn't sound if I press it in the center. Anyone else's like that?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My air horn works only when I press the ring, not the center. And it seems I have had more "close calls" in the Fiat than I ever had in my smart (at 8'8" long). Go figure.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Over the years driving very small cars. It doesn't matter what size horn you have on your car. There's just no respect for small cars on the highway.:(
There's just no respect for any cars regardless of size, so many inconsiderate and bad drivers out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts