Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Could this be the first image of the much rumored Fiat 500T? The Fiat 500T will reportedly have a detuned 130 HP 1.4 L turbocharged engine from the Fiat 500 Abarth mated to the body of a Fiat 500 Sport. We'll see how this develops, but don't expect much news while the Fiat 500 Abarth is in the headlines. This car has a front bumper cover from the Fiat 500 Abarth. The 2.7 inch longer front end provides extra room for the turbocharger and intercoolers in the 500 Abarth. Is it doing the same for this car?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Now that would be a great offering if they could keep it under $20k...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I really wish I could have gotten the Abarth or now the 500T, needing a car last year sucks cause of not being able to get the car I want (more), still like my Sport though and it isn't something I'll be able to change due to such a loss, 500T looks sweet and sounds like it'll be a great price too.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I don't see the reason for the excitement. Either pay a little more and get the Abarth, or save some and get a 500 and mod it to 130 HP.

This will be a lost model

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I don't see the reason for the excitement. Either pay a little more and get the Abarth, or save some and get a 500 and mod it to 130 HP. This will be a lost model
For me it is the Abarth plastics, the look to me is nicer...also modding to 130 seems to be easier said than done, what I've been reading says 115-120 is generally where one would get to with mods realistically so combined for the same cost if I were in the market and had three choices, Sport for say 20-22K, 500T for 19-?K, and the Abarth for 22-? then the 500T might be an attractive middle ground. I paid 22 something for my Sport, with the discounts now that'd be less sure but by the time I mod to get closer to 130 I'll spent about the same as if I just bought the 500T and did nothing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
For me it is the Abarth plastics, the look to me is nicer...also modding to 130 seems to be easier said than done, what I've been reading says 115-120 is generally where one would get to with mods realistically so combined for the same cost if I were in the market and had three choices, Sport for say 20-22K, 500T for 19-?K, and the Abarth for 22-? then the 500T might be an attractive middle ground. I paid 22 something for my Sport, with the discounts now that'd be less sure but by the time I mod to get closer to 130 I'll spent about the same as if I just bought the 500T and did nothing.
WOW 22K for a Sport? I'm sorry! I got a POP for 15K with mods when I'm done I'll be around 19K total. I'll be over 130HP with a better suspension than an Abarth.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
WOW 22K for a Sport? I'm sorry! I got a POP for 15K with mods when I'm done I'll be around 19K total. I'll be over 130HP with a better suspension than an Abarth.
Yeah, I know a few others paid nearly the same but it still sucks, mine had some extras added and was loaded, Bose, Sunroof, door sills, some clear bra for the doors, window tint, plus my dealer did not offer any options or have any wiggle room, but I wanted the car and just went for it, got the free three yr maintenance since I got mine back around August '11, sure it'd be FAR cheaper these days but again, need a car since the others were damaged last year. Can see them on cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/id/Tweakerz

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I don't see the reason for the excitement. Either pay a little more and get the Abarth, or save some and get a 500 and mod it to 130 HP.

On the contrary, if the 500T becomes a reality, I believe the Sport will become a 'lost model'.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts

Or mod this to 170hp and get a cut rate Abarth...

·
Registered
225 Posts
As an aide, that 130 hp motor would be perfect for the heavier 500L. It's going to need more than 101 HP.

Cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Isn't this basically the Euro Abarth, with us getting the EssEsse model as our Abarth. They seem to manage fine over there with having multiple engines and no "lost models."

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, it is probably the same as the Abarth in europe. Funny how they just give americans the esseesse.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Isn't this basically the Euro Abarth, with us getting the EssEsse model as our Abarth. They seem to manage fine over there with having multiple engines and no "lost models."
A 1.4 liter engine isn't really a small engine in Europe. Over here (some...many) males feel like their manhood is in jeopardy with an engine that size and 101 HP under the hood.:)

Plus with the exception of the elongated snout or front end it will very closely resemble the Sport. I'd like to think the 500T and the Sport could coexist, but we can be pretty unforgiving here in the U.S.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
I like the 500T, i had thought about getting Abarth front and rear bumpers for my Sport and i think it looks good, keeping the 500 badges instead of the scorpion ones, makes sure it doesn't look like a poser car. Also does anyone else notice it looks like they blacked out/smoked out the headlights and turn signal/DRL housing? THATS the part i want!

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll take my performance off the manufactures self, with the warranty. By the time you buy the turbo, your going to be out 2-3 grand. Intercoolers, and plumbing, cams, headers more $$$$$. Tires and nice wheel another 1,500 dollar. Exhaust, suspension $$$$. Bumpers, spoilers, paint work. Sound system. Seats pedals. etc, etc. Plus installation cost. When you sell the car, you won't get anything for the mods, on a Pop model. Each to there own. If you enjoy doing mods, and have the cash go for it.

I have a loaded sport. wouldn't trade my heated seats, climate control, Navigation, sunroof, 7 channel Bose sound system, I could go on and on.

At least Fiat will give you choice of performance. I like that. The 500T or Abarth look pretty good to me, for the price.

·
Registered
376 Posts
On the contrary, if the 500T becomes a reality, I believe the Sport will become a 'lost model'.
I couldn't agree more seaDawg. The 500T is a great idea. If the 500T had been available I would have never bought a sport or ordered an Abarth. I would rather have a car that fiat has designed and built and maybe do a couple of small mods to that to suit my taste. For instance,I really don't in any way want an after market turbo mod. There isn't anyone around here I would trust that much. If something goes wrong who will take care of you? The guy who screwed it up to begin with? At least the 500T would already be sorted out and have a warrantee.

Reactions: SeattleJeremy

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll take my performance off the manufactures self, with the warranty. By the time you buy the turbo, your going to be out 2-3 grand. Intercoolers, and plumbing, cams, headers more $$$$$. Tires and nice wheel another 1,500 dollar. Exhaust, suspension $$$$. Bumpers, spoilers, paint work. Sound system. Seats pedals. etc, etc. Plus installation cost. When you sell the car, you won't get anything for the mods, on a Pop model. Each to there own. If you enjoy doing mods, and have the cash go for it.

I have a loaded sport. wouldn't trade my heated seats, climate control, Navigation, sunroof, 7 channel Bose sound system, I could go on and on.

At least Fiat will give you choice of performance. I like that. The 500T or Abarth look pretty good to me, for the price.
+1 Well spoken...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts