Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Fiat 500x Plus from new in 2018, and ever since the engine cooling fan runs high when the air conditioning is on. It is so loud. It does not matter what temperature the car is running at and Fiat say the vehicle temperature ranges are correct. The Dealer has changed numerous parts on the air conditioning system and nothing has fixed it. Has anyone else had this issue? Here is a video of the car, on a cool day, upon startup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you buy a FIXD sensor it has a live data feature you can then use to scan the temperature sensor of the vehicle as well as many other things. It costs about $50 and is a great investment and its easy to use. You can check to see what temp the sensor thinks the car is and if it says it's normal temp then the relay to the fan may be stuck in the on position. There is a diagram in the owner's manual that should tell you which one it is. I'm not sure if the fan on my abarth is always on or not when the ac is running but I'll check and get back to you. but it would make sense for it to run all the time to help cool the ac condenser.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much Matt.

If you buy a FIXD sensor it has a live data feature you can then use to scan the temperature sensor of the vehicle as well as many other things. It costs about $50 and is a great investment and its easy to use. You can check to see what temp the sensor thinks the car is and if it says it's normal temp then the relay to the fan may be stuck in the on position. There is a diagram in the owner's manual that should tell you which one it is. I'm not sure if the fan on my abarth is always on or not when the ac is running but I'll check and get back to you. but it would make sense for it to run all the time to help cool the ac condenser.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.