Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.facebook.com/FiatUSA/app_352421744800395

Register to win!

Each Fan will be required to submit the following information: (a) why he/she would like to be a part of the Inaugural FIAT 500 Abarth Driving Experience, (b) acknowledge his/her proficiency in driving a manual transmission vehicle, and (c) availability to travel to Las Vegas, Nevada (April 25-27) d) provide a photo in JPEG, PJPEG, PNG, or GIF file format, which cannot exceed 1MB in size

EXPERIENCE DESCRIPTION. The Inaugural FIAT 500 Abarth Driving Experience is hosted by The Richard Petty Experience® and held on April 26, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Recipients will each receive: roundtrip coach class airfare from the major commercial airport closest to his/her residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas McCarran airport; 3 days/2 nights hotel accommodation (standard room, single occupancy) in Las Vegas; admission to the Inaugural FIAT 500 Abarth Driving Experience; and a “Welcome Gift” (details to be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Experience is $1,450

FIAT[SUP]®[/SUP] USA is offering the opportunity of a lifetime: spend an all-expenses paid weekend in Las Vegas learning how to drive the FIAT[SUP]®[/SUP] 500 Abarth from the pros. You'll join a team of professional drivers, bloggers, and other Facebook fans to compete for the checkered flag in a series of challenges. But not before you know how to handle the Abarth.

Here's a taste of what

Your driving experience will be:

Abarth Driving Dynamics

This is your opportunity to learn high performance driving skills on a real racetrack. Think of Abarth Driving Dynamics as an introduction to racing course: you'll learn the theories of driving with a "chalk talk" led by our professional Abarth drivers. Then, slip behind the wheel and take what you learn on the track.

Autocross

The formula for success: Speed + Control = Victory! In this aspect of the Driving Experience, you'll learn basic autocross skills and learn how to run the course in the quickest time possible. Autocross is more than outright speed, though— it's about car control. You'll have to accelerate and brake, but you also must accurately drive strategically and make spur of the moment decisions.

Head to Head Challenge

Go head to head against another driver and try to tame the track, master the machine, and outdrive your opponent. You'll speed through the corners working the Abarth's Italian tuned performance suspension, accelerating out of the turns to full throttle, then, give the precision brakes all they have to bring it back under control.

Performance Drive

Now it's time to put your knowledge to the test on the road course. The Abarth Performance Drive is a time trial competition where the fastest take the flag! You’ll get a 3 lap practice run, then 3 laps at speed to lay down your quickest time.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I tried 4 times (3 different browsers) to register - each time it failed telling me I had not entered all data - seemed to choke on the picture

:(:(

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Yep, I hit up Fiat USA about this;

I posted; Can something be done about uploading an image to the Abarth drive experience? No matter what I do it wont upload.

There responce; We've taken all of the feedback from yesterday, and our tech team is working on updating the photo uploader.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'd think that in this day and age they'd have thought about testing it out before they started the sweepstakes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
It does not say of what the photo should be. I assume it's of oneself, either with or without our Fiat (non-abarth).

·
Registered
856 Posts
I registered first thing in the morning of 19th. lol
image upload was working then..

anyway, I also didnt know what to upload, funny face of me? nice Fiat picture? me with fiat?
well, I ended up uploading my avatar photo.. hope it works and I get to go to Vegas!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Did you guys find out who the winner is on this event? I thought the drawing and announcement in 5th of April which is today. I dont see any other info/news about this event what so ever.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I hope I win this! =)

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
major sigh - couldn't ever even try since the registration form puked on any picture i tried (seemed a common problem too for others)
I had this problem too...... It was very strange because on my work computer it would not work then I tried it on my one at home and it worked fine.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had this problem too...... It was very strange because on my work computer it would not work then I tried it on my one at home and it worked fine.
Do you have web proxies or web filtering at work? I find certain web scripts don't work with ours and I have to add additional exclusions to allow access.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Do you have web proxies or web filtering at work? I find certain web scripts don't work with ours and I have to add additional exclusions to allow access.
I don't know what any of that means...... If it has nuts and bolts and can drive, fly, float, lift and cool or heat I can fix it. When it comes to computers I am thankful to be able to turn on the darn thing.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
↑↑↑↑↑Your link is for the "score a scorpion" contest, not "Driving experience sweepstakes".↑↑↑↑↑ I want to know the result about Driving experience sweepstakes...
Right you are, my bad, thought it seemed a bit different last night but then was like nah, it's fine...not winning either myself so bah humbug to it all anyways...lol. :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't know what any of that means...... If it has nuts and bolts and can drive, fly, float, lift and cool or heat I can fix it. When it comes to computers I am thankful to be able to turn on the darn thing.
LOL, sorry...I'm surrounded by techies all the time I forget that many out there are not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts