Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know anything about it but the dealer said Fiat just rolled it out not long ago, $500 instant rebate towards accessories on the manual and $1000 for the automatic.

They just added $500 to my $3000 down payment.

They also gave me lifetime synthetic oil changes as needed per computer.

One happy camper :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hold on a minute......all u have to do is ask for the 500, is there a form or coupon....
Yeah they had me fill out the form from Fiat, since mine is a 5 speed I got $500, but it had language for a grand for the automatic.
It's called Fiat Accessorize or something like that. Paid for over 80% of my chrome upgrades. :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah they had me fill out the form from Fiat, since mine is a 5 speed I got $500, but it had language for a grand for the automatic.
It's called Fiat Accessorize or something like that. Paid for over 80% of my chrome upgrades. :D

Do you have a copy of that form?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I didn't know anything about it but the dealer said Fiat just rolled it out not long ago, $500 instant rebate towards accessories on the manual and $1000 for the automatic.

They just added $500 to my $3000 down payment.

They also gave me lifetime synthetic oil changes as needed per computer.

One happy camper :D
Stopped by my Fiat Studio today and spoke with the General Manager. He was totally unaware of this promotion. Told me he would contact his Fiat Rep and call me back when he get an answer. I will post his reply when I get it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stopped by my Fiat Studio today and spoke with the General Manager. He was totally unaware of this promotion. Told me he would contact his Fiat Rep and call me back when he get an answer. I will post his reply when I get it.
I can assure you it's legit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can assure you it's legit.

Have not heard back from my local Studio's General Manager so I called Fiat Customer Service. The representative was not immediately aware of the accessory program so she put me on hold to check. When she came back on she said there is some kind of program but was not sure if it was Studio specific. She said she would check with her supervisor and call me back to let me know exactly what the program specifics are. Let's hope it is not Studio specific so we can take advantage of the offer. Will advise.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guys, I looked thru all my paper work and I did not get a copy of the accessory rebate form.

It is listed on my contract and was deducted as a $500 instant rebate right alongside my downpayment.

Believe me it is real. I'll ask my dealer for a blank form to post when I pick up my 500c later this week, probably Friday.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I called FIAT today and they stated this is only for the Great Lakes area in/around Michigan, it may be for some other areas but that is not certain at this time.
I don't live in the Great Lakes area and I got it, knew nothing about it, the dealer clued me in.

Not very smart to offer it to one part of the country and not another, sends a bad message.

I would definitely use as a bargaining chip in negotiations.

FIAT's communications in the USA are definitely pathetic.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I don't live in the Great Lakes area and I got it, knew nothing about it, the dealer clued me in.

Not very smart to offer it to one part of the country and not another, sends a bad message.

I took notice of your location, still figured it worth a call and simply relayed that information. I would assume it is something being offered all over but like other things it'll filter out to different areas.

·
Registered
175 Posts

I also talked to Fiat Customer Service and it is only the Great Lakes Region which includes Kentucky, Iowa, Indiana and Illinois. Sucks for the rest of us!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I called Fiat today, and threatened to bring the car back if I don't get this rebate. I have to wait till tomorrow for an answer

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I called Fiat today, and threatened to bring the car back if I don't get this rebate. I have to wait till tomorrow for an answer
I don't blame you, I would do the exact same thing...pretty crappy marketing and will give FIAT corporate a deserved black eye.

That's a lot of money to jerk people around with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm sure they're just terrified.

First, regional rebates and promotions are completely normal in auto sales, so if you aren't in that region, you aren't entitled to the rebate.
Second, your car was worth the selling price you agreed to (contractually, at that) when you drove it off the lot. Why is it suddenly worth less because someone else received a promotional deal?
Third--it's useless, because you still can't return the car. You signed a binding contract when you bought it and you can't just "take it back". It's not like you bought some jeans at Costco and they don't fit.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts