Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying tickets for the Philly auto show next weekend, and saw that Fiat is going to be there. The square footage looks teeny, but I'm hoping to be able to sit in the car(s), talk to someone, etc. I'll make sure to post pics and anything I learn, unsubstantiated rumor or not. I'lll be going on the 29th.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You'll probably get to see, sit and hear a nice girl talk about it on a turntable. You'll also should get a small book to take home with you.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Usually at these shows you will be within a big crowd of people so, be patient! They will let you sit inside, look under the hood, maybe even start the car up ( i did that once!)
Manufactures usually have scheduled presentation times where they have someone speak about the car, and allow the attendees to check out the car. Finding out when these presentations will help you get the info you need, or else you will be stuck to a pamphlet with limited info.

I will love to see pic's and hear some new info. What kind of camera will you be using?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be using my el crapo point and shoot jobbie.

A buddy is going with me, though, and he's got a very nice camera which I'll force him to take with him. :)

I'm very concerned about the dealer network, so hoping that there's someone there from corporate.

I didn't see Saab on the map; hope this isn't a bad sign for them. My first car was an '83 900S, which was a serious POS, but also fun when it was operational.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be using my el crapo point and shoot jobbie.

A buddy is going with me, though, and he's got a very nice camera which I'll force him to take with him. :)

I'm very concerned about the dealer network, so hoping that there's someone there from corporate.

I didn't see Saab on the map; hope this isn't a bad sign for them. My first car was an '83 900S, which was a serious POS, but also fun when it was operational.
Haha as long as you bring us back some Fiat 500 pic's we will be happy :), i wish i could make it to that show.

Rarely will they have someone from corporate unless it's a really important presentation....say for members of the media. Few times I spoke with corporate people, but you will find they are the busiest and won't say too much. Dealer network people will spend the time to talk to you since you can be a potential customer for them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, haven't had time to upload the pics yet, but wanted to get a couple of thoughts down. They had a red manny and the Mopar black/blue both there, along with a mini-lounge with three chairs that looked like something out of "A Clockwork Orange". And two women there, who were definitely not from corporate. However, the one behind the desk told me that they will be "officially" announcing the dealer listing in 2 weeks.
Only had an odd flip book of the 500 there for literature, which didn't really have much detail on it.

The red one was the only one open. Couple of things: the driver's seat had a height adjustment lever, I believe, at the front outside corner (which didn't work). The passenger's didn't, which made it feel much more claustrophobic to me (and I'm only 5'10"). The shift knob felt good in the hand, which I guess is a good thing, because there is a lift-up collar just underneath it to be able to get into reverse (just like my 1983 Saab 900S did :eek: ), so I guess we'd be stuck with that knob, unless an aftermarket company makes a knob specifically for the 500.

Overall, from the driver's seat, it looks very nice, and richer than the minimal price tag. Obviously very small, of course. I got into a Volvo C30 right afterwards, and I felt like I was in a minivan by comparison.

But it was about what I expected, except the feel of the interior was a bit better. For anyone cross-shopping against the Mini, I did get verification that the Coupe will be introduced at the end of this year, and the Roadster early next.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, finally downloaded the pics I took. As I said previously, very small display - the Mopar black/white tunermobile (locked) and a red 5-speed Sport, with a display/desk in between and what looks like the Mike Douglas lounge in white leather.

On to the pics:

The display/desk area. On top were a couple of steering wheels in different pleather colors, and a listing of all of the exterior colors.

The Mopar "edition" that's been pretty well documented here.

The engine bay. Pretty tight in there, obviously. It'll be interesting to see how user-friendly servicing will be.

And the booty shot.

That's about it; I had a couple of other pics that were even less expertly-taken, so I'll ignore those.
Looking forward to my first real test drive, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts