Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat-Chrysler, is looking forward to 2013 for being a big year for the Italian-American brand. Marchionne is looking ahead to a collection of new Chrysler products, the reintroduction of Alfa Romeo back to America and have a chance to fully combine Fiat and Chrysler into one company.

Fiat, who now owns more than 50-percent of Chrysler, is waiting quietly for Europe's currency crisis to clear up before deciding on future vehicle investments in the country. And with five money-losing plants in Italy, Chrysler has ironically become Fiat's strong point in their portfolio. Chrysler made up two-thirds of Fiat's third-quarter profits thanks to the rebounding US auto industry. On the other hand, Fiat has had to deal with the euro crisis and rigid Italian labor laws.

Looking towards the future however, Chrysler will be launching the Dodge Dart next year which is their compact car built on a Fiat platform to compete with Toyota's Corolla and Honda's Civic. But 2013 is when everything will be coming together for Fiat-Chrysler, with several refreshed Jeep models making their debuts, and the relaunch of Alfa Romeo into the United States.

We're not sure how well received Alfa Romeo will be in the US, considering Fiat sales hasn't exactly gone well in America. Chrysler has sold less than 18,000 500s this year, well shy of their original 50,000 target. We just hope they get a little more clever this time around with Alfa Romeo and avoid any sort of collaboration with J. Lo. Seriously Chrysler, more Fiats would sell if you didn't associate it with J. Lo.

More: Fiat, Chrysler Optimistic For 2013 With Alfa Romeo Launch, New Models on AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
This actually read like a real news article until the last paragraph. Seriously autoguide, do we really need another thread started on J Lo or Fiat success conjecture? Anybody at autoguide actually interview anyone at Fiat to get any facts, data or even their opinion? Either report the auto news objectively and leave the personal commentary out, or post under a regular username, post all the commentary you want and quit pretending to be some type of auto journalist. Fair enough? By the way, I am no fan of J Lo and her endless PR drivel, even less a fan of her being the spokesperson for Fiat (I'd vote for the guy from Dirty Jobs myself), but some basic fact checking on Edmunds.com reports that people considering a Fiat went up significantly when her ads started, even though there has been much controversy around those ads. The data from Edmunds makes it at the least questionable whether Fiat would have sold more units or not. It is far from a forgone conclusion if facts and data actually matter. Maybe autoguide has inside info, has conducted polls or surveys that contradict Edmunds, or spoke with Fiat and has some good intelligence they can share with us? If not, respectfully, let's leave the personal opinion out of a post that "looks" like a news article, or at least identify where the news stops and your personal opinion starts. In my opinion, it will benefit all Fiat enthusiasts, or those considering the Fiat.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This actually read like a real news article until the last paragraph. Seriously autoguide, do we really need another thread started on J Lo or Fiat success conjecture? Anybody at autoguide actually interview anyone at Fiat to get any facts, data or even their opinion? Either report the auto news objectively and leave the personal commentary out, or post under a regular username, post all the commentary you want and quit pretending to be some type of auto journalist. Fair enough? By the way, I am no fan of J Lo and her endless PR drivel, even less a fan of her being the spokesperson for Fiat (I'd vote for the guy from Dirty Jobs myself), but some basic fact checking on Edmunds.com reports that people considering a Fiat went up significantly when her ads started, even though there has been much controversy around those ads. The data from Edmunds makes it at the least questionable whether Fiat would have sold more units or not. It is far from a forgone conclusion if facts and data actually matter. Maybe autoguide has inside info, has conducted polls or surveys that contradict Edmunds, or spoke with Fiat and has some good intelligence they can share with us? If not, respectfully, let's leave the personal opinion out of a post that "looks" like a news article, or at least identify where the news stops and your personal opinion starts. In my opinion, it will benefit all Fiat enthusiasts, or those considering the Fiat.
Although I agree with your point about J- Lo, Fiat still doesn't get it considering I saw three J- Lo adds for the Fiat in last Sundays Football game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts