Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just bought a 2012 fiat 500 sport and want to install a cold air intake. I’ve narrowed it down to 4 options and I’m not sure which one to choose. The 4 options are the road race Corsa dyno tuned intake, the cold air intake system by mopar, the k&n typhoon performance intake or the injen sp series polished cold air intake system. Which cold air intake do you guys think is the best option?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Nicolas,

I don't have any experience with the ones you mentioned, But I've used CAIs for a number of years. Personally, I believe (now) that power increases from installing one are minimal - mostly because with todays OEM airboxes, they flow a fair amount of air from the factory.
-Where you may actually benefit from a CAI is if you've done some extensive mods to the engine - turbo, valve train, displacement increase, ECU mods, etc - and the motor will be ABLE to flow more air.
-That said, and this is ONLY my opinion (I was a mechanic a hundred years ago!) - but a CAI on a fairly stock NA motor will give you a better sound - where you sit. Makes the car feel quicker. Add that to a more open exhaust, and you might get a couple HP. Don't believe too much of the hype.

There are guys on the forums that have more experience -Tweak, Map, Smark... but I had a couple minutes and decided to give my 2 cents. YMMV

BTW: I put a Short Shot on my hooptie, because I like the sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts