Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other thread on who makes another good spokesperson has degenerated into the chick car rant again. Doing a series of Abarth commercials with Jason Statham leading to a Jason / JLO meeting would work 'mate'.

First, rumor has it that she's already interested.

On-set affairs between costars are a common occurrence — and now Star has learned that Jennifer Lopez and British stud Jason Statham, the male lead in her upcoming crime thriller Parker, have heated up off screen as well. The problem? He’s in a long-term relationship with gorgeous Transformers: Dark of the Moon babe Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, 24, who was 4,500 miles away, attending London’s Fashion Week, while Jason and Jennifer were getting cozy in Florida. Star has the inside scoop in this week’s issue! And the 42-year-old mom of twins, who’s in the midst of a divorce from singer Marc Anthony, was also apparently getting close to Jason, 39, behind closed doors. “They were at the hotel for about a week filming scenes and spent a lot of time in a room on the 26th floor, another source tells Star in this week’s issue. “They had room service delivered on several occasions. One time, she ordered fruit, bread, a burger…and champagne.

Ok. So here's the scene. The commercial is all about Jason and the Abarth, but is a flip-side of the latest JLO Bronx one. They show Jason in the UK, describing how he came to love the Abarth. He grew up in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, a beach town. He studied martial arts, and got his big break in the car film, Transporter, where he did his own stunts. He learns about the Abarth in 2008 when he was working on the set of Transporter3. Have scenes of him driving hard with each trim level - Base model, essesse and lastly the ABARTH 695 in his old 'hood'. All hardtop hot hatches. Cruising the beaches.

Do a couple commercials with Jason to tie the Abarth to him. After the first commercial, Jason could have talk about how glad he is that the Abarth is finally here in the states. Maybe even make some jokes about the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car.

Then they meet. JLO and Jason are both cruising in hollywood, she in the cabrio, he in the hardtop Abarth. The fight for a parking space maybe under the classic Hollywood sign, by the Hollywood Bowl, Walk of Fame, etc. They notice the other's car and agree to swap. Final cut is the JLO blasting up Mulholland Drive and finish with Jason cruising Santa Monica beach with the open Cabrio.

So, would that work?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
The other thread on who makes another good spokesperson has degenerated into the chick car rant again. Doing a series of Abarth commercials with Jason Statham leading to a Jason / JLO meeting would work 'mate'.

First, rumor has it that she's already interested.

On-set affairs between costars are a common occurrence — and now Star has learned that Jennifer Lopez and British stud Jason Statham, the male lead in her upcoming crime thriller Parker, have heated up off screen as well. The problem? He’s in a long-term relationship with gorgeous Transformers: Dark of the Moon babe Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, 24, who was 4,500 miles away, attending London’s Fashion Week, while Jason and Jennifer were getting cozy in Florida. Star has the inside scoop in this week’s issue! And the 42-year-old mom of twins, who’s in the midst of a divorce from singer Marc Anthony, was also apparently getting close to Jason, 39, behind closed doors. “They were at the hotel for about a week filming scenes and spent a lot of time in a room on the 26th floor, another source tells Star in this week’s issue. “They had room service delivered on several occasions. One time, she ordered fruit, bread, a burger…and champagne.

Ok. So here's the scene. The commercial is all about Jason and the Abarth, but is a flip-side of the latest JLO Bronx one. They show Jason in the UK, describing how he came to love the Abarth. He grew up in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, a beach town. He studied martial arts, and got his big break in the car film, Transporter, where he did his own stunts. He learns about the Abarth in 2008 when he was working on the set of Transporter3. Have scenes of him driving hard with each trim level - Base model, essesse and lastly the ABARTH 695 in his old 'hood'. All hardtop hot hatches. Cruising the beaches.

Do a couple commercials with Jason to tie the Abarth to him. After the first commercial, Jason could have talk about how glad he is that the Abarth is finally here in the states. Maybe even make some jokes about the steering wheel being on the wrong side of the car.

Then they meet. JLO and Jason are both cruising in hollywood, she in the cabrio, he in the hardtop Abarth. The fight for a parking space maybe under the classic Hollywood sign, by the Hollywood Bowl, Walk of Fame, etc. They notice the other's car and agree to swap. Final cut is the JLO blasting up Mulholland Drive and finish with Jason cruising Santa Monica beach with the open Cabrio.

So, would that work?
sure. a little something for everyone. i think he could leave out any discussion of transporter and talk about his first two films....lock stock and two smoking barrels and snatch (one of the coolest films of all time, imo)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Statham does ooze testosterone and pure hetero manliness. No mistake.

But he's also fairly associated with Audi and, gasp, MINI...

Not that he couldn't tie himself to another brand and be accepted, of course.

Besides, if it were really the Italian Job, shouldn't they have used FIATs instead of MINIs?

That movie, more than any ad campaign, began the legacy of the BMW family of MINIs. It was one big commercial for the Bavarian cream puff.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Sorry, but she's such a douchbag, and so is he. She doesn't wait more than 30 days after a marriage before hitching her *** to the first guy she sees. As for that Transformers chic he's dating, she is NO Megan Fox and never will be.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Weird.
I had a nice picture of Statham up there in front of a MINI. Funny how they can yank things. You'd think they'd like the free publicity.

So, lorvar, you know these people? I never met any of them...

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Weird.
I had a nice picture of Statham up there in front of a MINI. Funny how they can yank things. You'd think they'd like the free publicity.

So, lorvar, you know these people? I never met any of them...
What's with the condescending remark? I'm entitled to my opinion based on their publicized habits. Maybe if we had a drink and a few stories to share, you could take friendly stabs, otherwise, keep it constructive.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Not trying to be condescending; sorry to ruffle your feathers.

It's just that I've known a few hollywood/rocker/athlete-types and they weren't anything like the tabloids portrayed them. Some were pretty quiet and introverted really.
Just normal people until you stuck a camera in front of them.

The guy on the left here was sorta shy. The girl was just like the girl next-door. I'm the guy on the right.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Not trying to be condescending; sorry to ruffle your feathers.

It's just that I've known a few hollywood/rocker/athlete-types and they weren't anything like the tabloids portrayed them. Some were pretty quiet and introverted really.
Just normal people until you stuck a camera in front of them.

The guy on the left here was sorta shy. The girl was just like the girl next-door. I'm the guy on the right.

Good picture. Ugly *** uniform!~! :D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Besides, if it were really the Italian Job, shouldn't they have used FIATs instead of MINIs?

That movie, more than any ad campaign, began the legacy of the BMW family of MINIs. It was one big commercial for the Bavarian cream puff.
Watch the original movie for the reason why Minis make sense.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I just read that to one of my co-workers. now he's really bummed as he thought he had a 'chance' at J Lo after the divorce. I told him he had better move on that, but nooooooooo, didn't listen to ME!

now she's off playing kissy-face with Statham. sorry, you snooze, you looze. :p

as for a FIAT commercial with the two, can't see that happening, unless it somehow starts out with Jason trading in his Audi for an Abarth........:D

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Jennifer Lopez is rated one of the top ten women of all time in Hollywood to have multiple affairs. Multiple affairs while married=douchbag. They're perfect for each other.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Italian Job was made in 2003. The Fiat 500 in it's current form came out in 2007. So it would be pretty difficult to use the 500 in the movie

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't seen it in YEARS and can't remember much....
Michael Caine and original Minis. Great combination. :)

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Italian-Job-Michael-Caine/dp/B0000AUHPB/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318620603&sr=8-3[/ame]

Didn't know that Benny Hill was in it too. I'm with you - haven't seen it in a very long time. Might be time to pick up the collector's edition blu-ray.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts