Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth, 1982 Alfa Romeo GTV/6, 1973 Fiat 124 Sp Coupe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Chrysler has begun the first round of notifying its dealers that have been chosen for the Fiat franchise. Not all dealers have been approved yet, but the majority are being contacted today.

The Chrysler press release mentions something very interesting "...Dealers from outside the Chrysler Group dealer network also have shown great interest in securing the Fiat franchise. The company is now looking at their proposals as well."

So we may see stand alone Fiat dealers that do not sell any other Chrysler products. Very intriguing

read more here:

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2010/10/breaking-news-chrysler-appointing-new.html

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
for now, I highly doubt there will be a 'list' of dealers released. dealers have been selected for many of the markets Fiat wants to be in, but final details of the facilites with the dealers must still be approved. at this point, a dealer could be notified that they have been selected, but they still need to work with Fiat on their proposed site or facility and if an agreement can't be met, the dealer can still walk away and Fiat will have to move on to a proposal from another dealer.

I would imagine in the end, it will be up to the dealers themselves to make announcements as to when they are ready to start accepting orders and general questions regarding the '500's arrival in the States.

stay tuned for more.......but it IS a fact: "The Italians are coming, the Italians are coming!!!!" :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chris mentioned that it was still unofficial and that nothing is certain until the contract has been signed with Chrysler. Hopefully they release an official list pretty soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
With the offical debut set for the LA Auto Show starting Nov. 19 I would think Fiat would publish the list at that time via the dealer locator function on their website. Similar thing happened with MINI and Smart. Until then I suppose it is up to us to stay in contact with our local Chrysler dealers and find out first hand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
hopefully we can see a list pretty soon. id definitely like to find out where i can go test drive one when the time comes. but from some of the interviews i saw from the dealership meeting. im definitely not too excited that some of them are "potential" fiat dealership owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts