Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live in vancouver bc and had recently bought a fiat 500 from Marine Chrysler and had a terrible experience with them. they gave me no customer service and handed me a brand new vehicle with 2 damages on them. i spent over 20grand on a new car and there was damages on them...they did fix them but the staff, including the owner has been dishonest with me. i definitely would not recommend buying from them!!! LOVE THE CAR though!!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
jacvity,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Can you give us any other specific information about the experience; for example, what did you expect in the way of customer service, how do you feel they misled you, and what was the damage on the car when it was delivered?

Did you buy at Marine before the studio opened up on Main Street?

I'm not asking you to slander the persons or the store, but as a future purchaser, I would like to understand your experience and position.

Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought from the Fiat Studio at Main and Terminal; did you buy from there or down at the dealership? I think the two are associated and, while my car has not been delivered yet, so far I have had a good experience. Glad you love the car though!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Dealerships exist to make money. FIAT studios happen to have a really awesome product, but at the end of the day, the bottom line is the bottom line. Most sales people are not necessarily enthusiasts and the focus seems to be more on fists full of dollars as opposed to building the brand.

That being said, I hope your issues were worked out to your satisfaction. The sales consultant I worked with didn't even show up the day I drove 3 hours to pick up my Sport, didn't call, nothing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased mine from Columbia Fiat in Richmond. The jury's still out as to whether I'd recommend them to anyone or not though, as I'm having an issue with a leaky rear window washer nozzle and they haven't seemed particularly proactive with getting it fixed.

Good service is increasingly hard to come by, methinks.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I purchased mine from Columbia Fiat in Richmond. The jury's still out as to whether I'd recommend them to anyone or not though, as I'm having an issue with a leaky rear window washer nozzle and they haven't seemed particularly proactive with getting it fixed.

I think that rear washer leak is a known common problem, I'd call Fiat directly in a heartbeat if they've dropped the ball on service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that rear washer leak is a known common problem, I'd call Fiat directly in a heartbeat if they've dropped the ball on service.
Oh, thanks for that. I was not aware that this was a common problem.

The dealer did replace the nozzle, but the leaking persisted. They subsequently told me they would look into the matter further to see if there might be a TSB or a recall based on this issue. It's been about 2 weeks since I last heard from them, but I'll try to continue being patient.

It's just a bit odd when it's nice and sunny outside and there's washer fluid slowly running down the rear window. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Oh, thanks for that. I was not aware that this was a common problem.

The dealer did replace the nozzle, but the leaking persisted. They subsequently told me they would look into the matter further to see if there might be a TSB or a recall based on this issue. It's been about 2 weeks since I last heard from them, but I'll try to continue being patient.

It's just a bit odd when it's nice and sunny outside and there's washer fluid slowly running down the rear window. :rolleyes:
Yep, I've seen that topic discussed on here before, that's how I know. May want to sift thru some archives and see what type of resolutions others got.

Here's at least one thread devoted specifically to that subject:
http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=911

·
Registered
2 Posts

I end up bought mine at fiat of vancouver, the guy there was very patient and helpful, their price is pretty fair, I paid a little less than what the MSRP. the dealer in Richmond is like :mad::confused:.... the sales guy only brought a piece of paper and ask what option do I need. they STRONGLY prefer you to get a pop model and add the options. the price end up will be :eek:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I bought my 500 Lounge Convertible from Team Fiat of Mall of Georgia, Buford, Georgia. I am some what of a car purchase nut. The Fiat 500C is my 13th new car since 2006 so I totally recognize a good purchase experience when I see one. My salesman was very knowledgable about the Fiat product and a pleasure to deal with. I went to the Studio on August 5th to see the car and they let me take the car over night to get the full driving experience. After driving my 500C for a full day, I made the decision to buy. I was able to get $500 off MSRP and they discounted the cost of the body stripe from $400 to $200. Also gave me more than fair trade in value on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler. I would highly recommend Team Fiat of Mall of Georgia.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I bought mine from Team FIAT in Buford, GA ----
Very "typical" sales experience. Tried to lowball my trade, tried to have me pay them to detail my trade, tried to sell me window etching, undercoating, insurance on tires/wheels, changed numbers on sales contract and had to reprint it 3 times (they did sneak a $200 promised discount off my contract, rat bastids), and changed banks at the last minute.
I hope they're better as far as service goes. The salesman was nice enough but you could tell he was just there for a job. I felt bad for him actually --- but not the sales manager or F&I guy; they were sharks.

Caveat emptor. There aren't enough dealerships for us to fuss all that much over it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I did notice that some fluid has at least passed through the nozzle but I haven't ever used it so I hope it is from the dealership using it but now I will have to make a point to check it tomorrow.
Mine wasn't doing it after I picked up early last month but in the past couple of weeks I've noticed that it had leaked. I haven't seen it actually leak so I think it's the 500 just crying when I'm not driving it. ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Mine wasn't doing it after I picked up early last month but in the past couple of weeks I've noticed that it had leaked. I haven't seen it actually leak so I think it's the 500 just crying when I'm not driving it. ;)

I haven't noticed any leaking from the rear, I did get a puddle though after a rain when I opened the driver door, not sure what that's all about. :confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jacvity,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. Can you give us any other specific information about the experience; for example, what did you expect in the way of customer service, how do you feel they misled you, and what was the damage on the car when it was delivered?

Did you buy at Marine before the studio opened up on Main Street?

I'm not asking you to slander the persons or the store, but as a future purchaser, I would like to understand your experience and position.

Thanks.
I bought the fiat at marine chrysler on marine drive. it's multiple problems that i had with this dealership. right after i agreed to buy car, they changed their mind and requested to put down 2 grand for deposit instead of 1, which we originally agreed on. And then the financial manager got my address wrong. she was rushing to leave so she didn't get half of her job done. no one ever gave us a presentation on the options available but someone lied about it and said it was done.
when the car was ready to be picked up 2 months later, my address was still wrong. i told them i'm paying the car off but the paper work was not done properly. the financial manager was new and had no clue how to change the paper work. she had to call other staff to get the proper paper work for us.
after we signed the paper, the insurance guy just mumbled through the whole time and i had no idea what he was trying to sell to us...
so we went off to pick up our car. one of the moldings had a deep scratch on it and it was really obvious. there's also another scratch to the back bumper. when i told the sales person, he just told me he knew about it and has already a new molding for me...if they knew about it, howcome when they were rushing me to pick up the car, they didn't bother mentioning that to me at all???? why do they have to wait for me to find out and confront them first, before they tell me the part has been ordered??????? i feel that they wanted to hide it and if i didn't look at the car, they would just leave it then.
i asked the salesperson when the part would arrive, he said he doesn't know, i was like, 'what do you mean you don't know? no idea at all?' then he got upset with me and said to me, 'i dont know, i only sell cars here!' how unprofessional was that.
during the whole time, no one has ever apologized for all the trouble and hassles they have caused us.
i emailed a complaint to the sales manager and she ignored me. i called the head office and they ignored me too as they said it's a sales issue and i got to deal with the dealership directly. finally talked with the owner and he did not apologize neither...
we had to go back 3 times to get the 2 damages fixed. i expected them to be honest and appreciate me as a customer and i got none of that from them. i would not recommend buying from them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I bought the fiat at marine chrysler on marine drive. it's multiple problems that i had with this dealership. right after i agreed to buy car, they changed their mind and requested to put down 2 grand for deposit instead of 1, which we originally agreed on. And then the financial manager got my address wrong. she was rushing to leave so she didn't get half of her job done. no one ever gave us a presentation on the options available but someone lied about it and said it was done.
when the car was ready to be picked up 2 months later, my address was still wrong. i told them i'm paying the car off but the paper work was not done properly. the financial manager was new and had no clue how to change the paper work. she had to call other staff to get the proper paper work for us.
after we signed the paper, the insurance guy just mumbled through the whole time and i had no idea what he was trying to sell to us...
so we went off to pick up our car. one of the moldings had a deep scratch on it and it was really obvious. there's also another scratch to the back bumper. when i told the sales person, he just told me he knew about it and has already a new molding for me...if they knew about it, howcome when they were rushing me to pick up the car, they didn't bother mentioning that to me at all???? why do they have to wait for me to find out and confront them first, before they tell me the part has been ordered??????? i feel that they wanted to hide it and if i didn't look at the car, they would just leave it then.
i asked the salesperson when the part would arrive, he said he doesn't know, i was like, 'what do you mean you don't know? no idea at all?' then he got upset with me and said to me, 'i dont know, i only sell cars here!' how unprofessional was that.
during the whole time, no one has ever apologized for all the trouble and hassles they have caused us.
i emailed a complaint to the sales manager and she ignored me. i called the head office and they ignored me too as they said it's a sales issue and i got to deal with the dealership directly. finally talked with the owner and he did not apologize neither...
we had to go back 3 times to get the 2 damages fixed. i expected them to be honest and appreciate me as a customer and i got none of that from them. i would not recommend buying from them.
Dang, I would have tossed them the keys back and bought elsewhere. That's crap personified.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I did not like some of my dealings with my dealership either and I called FIAT and they contacted the dealership and are sending me a free touchup kit for my car as I mentioned a small spot that needed to be addressed when I took delivery and that I didn't like dealing with my dealership as I felt I was being a burden to them every time I contacted them asking them to get my paperwork correct. At least they made me feel somewhat like I was a burden so FIAT is helping me and dealing with the dealer so I do not have to, I suggest you do the same and contact them as well. Goodluck!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
So are these FIAT Studios or Chrysler dealers? My FIAT Studio was awesome.

My FIAT dealer is literally across a small side road from Chrysler/Dodge and when I called I think I got the Chrysler/Dodge dealer that transferred me to the FIAT side. Some of them were ok, some were pretty good, and some of the people I had to deal with pretty much just plain suck for lack of a better way of putting it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts