Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be pretty cool...
… as if the 595 Abarth & 1957 500 Anniversary Editions were not cool enough.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use pencils, pens, inks, chalk, brushes and paint. I prefer them to digital tools. Many old & young artists do. In fact, that F5O logo I posted was scanned/digitized from super clean pencils. As a result of being good with the trads, the modern tools did the rest of the work in minutes. You gotta get out more. ;)

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I only sketch thing out, and scan them in the computer. Haven't used tradition illustration tools, since the early 80's. When I was cleaning out my office, I found a couple of my old air brushes. I still know a lot of fine artist, where I worked that still paint, and illustrate conventional. It ends up digital. A lot of my friend out side work still paint, and have their work in galleries.

·
Registered
544 Posts
While I love drawing boats in the 'puter, and being able to render the 3D in minutes, I also love laying a clean sheet of paper on the drawing board and sharpening my pencil. There is NO better way to create a perfect line than using a bendy piece of wood and some lead weights. (Google splines and ducks sometime)
Pencil? Yes, using a plastic "lead" for solid black lines. ****, it's fun being old. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Apparently the letter "D" with "amn" following it is not permitted.... :confused: Lest anyone think I was using stronger language than that (heaven forfend!)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
That's cool. Hope to see an update when he starts painting.

·
Registered
924 Posts
That's AWESOME!!! Keep in mind that we have a booth at the LA show and will have our squad of FIATs out in full force!!

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll keep my eyes peeled for the updates as FIAT releases them & post them here. If anyone else has stuff to share on this or what Madness is brewing as the show opens, feel free to add your info.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Day 2 and 3 were posted an hour before Day 4.. Here they are.

Looking forward to it all coming together

1 - 20 of 27 Posts