Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
add the turbo, new exhaust manifold, air intake, exhaust, all bracketry, wiring harness, do a complete computer remap/swap, change the fuel pump, and build up the tranny. this could be a 3K kit. add the labor and most people will just buy the T.

·
Registered
515 Posts
add the turbo, new exhaust manifold, air intake, exhaust, all bracketry, wiring harness, do a complete computer remap/swap, change the fuel pump, and build up the tranny. this could be a 3K kit. add the labor and most people will just buy the T.
I would imagine the engine internals are a little beefed up on the T and Abarth to handle the boost as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
since we are fantasizing, id like a kit that makes the 500 into a diesel.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Front bumper, all new lights, plumbing, electronics, exhaust, turbo, intercoolers. It would be cheaper to buy a new T. I bet you'd be up to $5k, parts and labor.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just for the body kit sake, would it be pretty much a direct swap for front/back/side body parts? I have a sport, but love the 500T's flare out sideskirts and the front bumper.

- buttaz

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Maybe your'e correct for some folks out there but changing the exhaust could amount to around 40 or 50 bucks at your local muffler shop, the body work(front bumper) is not too bad, the extra plumbing and bracketry we handy types would not have a big problem with so when we consider the amount of money we loose in a trade in, the cost of a hair dryer upgrade might just be around the same only we have the high compression head and might beat the T model for HP. Of coarse this is just something to consider and then we have Alison's Automotive which says they are working on a puffer for us. I'm thinkin that could be fun.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Scion had a TRD supercharger kit for the TC for about $3k. It even kept the warranty if installed by a dealer. this isnt dreaming at all. I wouldnt mind the extra power keeping the color and the convertible roof without the extra noise of the Abarth.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also think it is a matter of space in the engine compartment. Both the abarth and turbo are a few inches longer to accommodate the added turbo. but if it were affordable i would love one! :)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yes, the T and Abarth have beefed up engine eternals and the transmission is heavy duty. The drive line is different for the T and Abarth as well.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App
which engine internals are beefed up and how did you find out? I have to wonder - how much would a abarth crate engine cost from the factory.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
And don't forget the intercooler, all the plumbing associated with it, and how to mount it.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 39 Posts