Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few examples:

Remember when Ricardo Mantalban talked about the Cordoba with rich Corinthian leather?

Ford has Mike Rowe in his casual jeans.

Buick had Tiger Woods. (That didn't work out so well.)

Chevy has strategic product placement in the new Hawaii 5-0.

Fiona in Burn Notice drives a Hyundai Genesis Coop.

So, who would you like to see as the Fiat spokesperson? Clearly can't be the beer salesman. JLo isn't being well received on the whole. A sports figure? A actor?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the perfect actor...

Neil Patrick Harris! :)

But seriously, I doubt everyone will be happy with any spokesperson. I wouldn't mind if NPH repped for Fiat, but I can just imagine the uproar from all the insecure people out there, upset that a gay man is representing their beloved chick-magnet. ;-)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
NCIS LA has one of my favs, Challenger!

I'm generally more interested in seeing everyday people, couldn't care less about which celeb drives around in one, Leno I liked cause he didn't just promote the car he truly owns the car, three to be exact not counting the older model(s). Unless they truly own, drive, and like their vehicle then I don't care who "promotes" the car honestly.

(I am aware of three of the 500's, one older 1930's Fiat).

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Tony Soprano

but i dont think he'd fit.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Remember a spokesman isn't for you to like or dislike. They are there to get interest. J-Lo=perfect She has followers who love here, and some that despise her. Both side will look at the car.

Nascar lovers on a whole will not buy this car, so Tony Stewart is out.

Colin Farrel, Hugh Jackman would get the 35-55 woman crowd for sure.

For the younger crowd J-Lo, and those idiots from Glee

·
Registered
3 Posts
Demographics should/will dictate who a spokesperson should be. All of the ones mentioned date the individuals mentioning them. Why sale the car to an older generation who based on the responses is already buying the car.

In addition, let the car be its own spokesperson; it is a star in its own right.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
CNR will always live in my heart.

twisting glasses and making innaarrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrr sound

1 - 20 of 44 Posts