Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my Fiat 500 in Eco (which I usually don't) and at a red light the car went into neutral and unable to go into gear. "Check transmission, check user handbook" came up. I turned the car off and on immediately however it was still stuck in neutral. I left it off for a couple of minutes and turned it back on and it was like nothing ever happened, drove to where I needed to be and drove home after no issues at all.

What could be the issue? Could it be because I was driving in Eco, and I did use the gear paddles just before it ent into neutral - like I just confused the dualogic? And if anyone has had this happen did it happen again?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
As I understand it, the Duologic is an automated manual gearbox. We don't get those here in the states for the 500, but we do get a DDCT on early versions of the 500L. From what I have read, these types of transmissions shouldn't be driven like traditional torque converter automatics - they should be shifted into neutral at stoplights. That is of course, a totally uneducated statement so please take it with a grain of salt.

I think your assumption is probably correct, given what I have read about the Duologic - you likely confused it and it had a mild stroke.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it, the Duologic is an automated manual gearbox. We don't get those here in the states for the 500, but we do get a DDCT on early versions of the 500L. From what I have read, these types of transmissions shouldn't be driven like traditional torque converter automatics - they should be shifted into neutral at stoplights. That is of course, a totally uneducated statement so please take it with a grain of salt.

I think your assumption is probably correct, given what I have read about the Duologic - you likely confused it and it had a mild stroke.

Welcome to the forum. :)
Thanks for your reply. I went to a mechanic and they basically said a similar thing: the Dualogic can be flawed and sometimes messes up, and we cannot predict when it does or doesn't work if there are no other mechanical issues.

It hasn't happened again since so fingers crossed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts